Thursday, January 3, 2013

2012 In Review

Of course we still haven't blogged about Christmas, but we wanted to take a minute to do our year in review:

January:

Lots of riding my bike I got for Christmas...
 

We met the ponies in our neighborhood...

We toured Denton and headed up north to the Frank Buck Zoo...
 

It finally started to get warm enough for playdates...
 

and some playdates we just did inside...

We had Dad's Day at 1st Presby...

Me and my school friends went to see Beauty & The Beast...

February:
Let's count the trips to the zoo... 1...

We went to the Picadilly Circus in Denton...

Visited daddy at work and went to Sweet Sammi's for ice cream sandwiches...
 

Let's count the plays too... Charlotte's Web #1...
 

Mabel got to see snow for the first time!

We went to the aquarium...
 

 Mom supported her friend Katie by working at the Mom's League Gala...

Mom cut her finger very badly (aren't you glad there aren't pictures)...

We met Bella at Jump for Fun the next day so Ms. Shelley could keep an eye on me and mommy could recover...

We visited my artwork at the library...

Zoo trip #2...

March:
School picture day...

We had lots of fun adventures on spring break like spending the morning at a goat farm!

I had princess pictures made...
 

Theater trip #2: Aladdin...

We went to the 1st annual Pickle Parade!


I started gymnastics...

Flew kites...

Played in the water...

Got to know Mabel a little better...

and finally got to go to Urban Air...

Piper joined me in gymnastics class...

I got to hold a baby chick...

We took bluebonnet pictures...

Mabel turned 1!

Show 3: Princesses on Ice

April:
I met the coolest Easter Bunny!

Mom and I had to sit out a tornado warning in the Southlake Town Square parking lot...

I enjoyed my class party...

and met the Easter bunny...
 

We spent Easter at Fossil Rim with Nana and Pop Pop... (does that count as a zoo... sure! #3)
 

Zoo trip #4

Show #4: Alice in Wonderland
 

Show 5: Seussical the Musical...

Had a blast at my school music show...

With some support form Pop Pop & Nana...
 

May:
Headed to Disneyland with mom & dad...

 Finally met Stitch!




Went to Legoland

Show 6: Fresh Beat Band live in concert (the day after we returned from Disneyland)



Mom's grandmother Pat passed away.  It was a super hard time for everyone. :(
 

I stayed at home with daddy while mom traveled to Houston for the funeral...

Zoo trip #5

Last day of school!

and park day with Ms. Judy.  We were her last class, but she still visits at the preschool sometimes.

Mom said farewell to the Mom's League board after serving for 4 years.

We had fun at Main Street Days...

and had a wonderful day with Maribelle... wait that's zoo trip #6!


I spent a week at Buckaroo Camp...

and started to really love Rebecca!

Mom and I spent the day at Six Flags together...



and spent a very fun afternoon with Bella...

We previewed Camp Thurman at their Open House (I will be a camper there this summer)...

and took Maggie to the splash pad!
 
June:
It was finally recital time!


and I had a great fan club!

Show #7: Sleeping Beauty the ballet

Show #8: Beauty & the Beast...

We played preschool at home...

and I reluctantly went to Bob Jones Nature Camp (I was not a fan)...

We spent Father's Day at the Ranger's game...

and I got a haircut!

and some spa time at Sweet & Sassy...

We took a girl's trip to Corpus Christi to stay with Grandma Kitty & Papa Don...

 

 went to the Corpus Christi Aquarium...

The beach...

Port Aransas...

rode a ferry...

and took a day trip to Sea World in San Antonio...

We had a very nice lunch with Papa Don's mother Kathaleen and then we headed home for more camps!

Zoo camp! Do all these days at the zoo count towards my zoo adventures?  We'll say no, but just remember I spent every day there for 2 weeks during the summer!

Mabel got attacked by a german shepherd.  It was VERY scary!

and mom and I headed to the aquarium one more time...

July:
Show #9: Sleeping Beauty the play...
 

I earned a trip to American Girl doll...

and we had an awesome 4th of July!



and we celebrated a 2nd 4th of July in Granbury with the Forts...

We were in a bad car wreck that left all of us shaken up...

and I started camp at my preschool!

Bella and I spent the day at a waterpark...

and I spent a 2nd week at preschool camp...

Theater camp was next...

2 weeks worth!


August:
Then I headed back to zoo camp...

 

 We had a silly string fight for daddy's birthday...

and went to the Barnum and Bailey Circus...


Show #10: Blue's Clues

Show #11... Rapunzel

a 2nd trip to the circus with Bella...

and mom started her very own business... Fairy Dust Vacations.

Show #12: Little Mermaid

with my theater teacher as Ursela...

another trip to Six Flags!
 

and a family day at Hawaiian Falls

Zoo Trip #7: with daddy

and my first day of kindergarten ballet...

Zoo trip #8!

 

and lots and lots and lots of swimming!

September:
School started.  Pre-K 4...

and my massive collection of Build a Bears continued to grow...

We went to Grapefest...

and left on our Disney cruise!



 


October:
Butterflies in Southlake...

Nutcracker practice began...

and we went to the Shriner Circus...

We celebrated Bella's 5th birthday...

and mom and I had a sleepover when daddy went out of town...

I had Country Critters Day at school...

and Zoo trip #9: Boo at the Zoo...


I went to my first birthday party at Sweet and Sassy...

went to the Keller Homecoming Parade...


 


and had a blast at the Pumpkin Patch with my school friends...

Show #13: Pinkalicious

I dressed up as Cinderella for Halloween at ballet...

and Dorothy for my school Halloween party...

and Sleeping Beauty for Halloween night...

November:
We tried to rock to vote...

Spent a day at Great Wolf Lodge...

Spent a day holding kitties with my friend Taylor...

and then said goodbye to my sweet Pop Pop.  We miss him so!

I made a new friend at ballet and had a few playdates with her...

and celebrated Thanksgiving at school...

Grandma Kitty & Papa Don came up for Thanksgiving...

and it was finally Nutcracker time!


Sprinkles the Elf arrived!

December
We kicked off the holiday season with the Roanoke Christmas parade...

had Polar Express at school...



and I turned 5!

I had an awesome birthday party at Jump for Fun...



and then mom and dad surprised me with a trip to Disney World!

as a special treat we vacationed with one of our favorite families, The Guerra's.
 




I even met Lilo!

It was a magical year!  We had some hard times that we'd like to forget, but we choose to focus on the good times and all the wonderful things we got to experience...
 

Mom promises to update this post whenever she gets the Christmas pictures edited! It includes 2 more shows bringing my total to 15 for the year! 

No comments: