Thursday, May 23, 2013

1st Presby Park Day

One of my favorite days of the year is 1st Presby Park Day!

2013

2012
  

2010 (we were rained out in 2011)...

This year we headed to Parr Park...

I was THRILLED to see Lilly!


and Sydney and Jameson.

Some of my classmates.  Jackson, Katherine and one of the twins (mom can't tell them apart).

This was the moment the spray pad turned on and Lilly and I decided to get wet.  Mom brought a change of clothes for me, but not a towel.  Because we all know how much I don't like spray parks right?  Right?  I mean there are countless posts on here of me sitting on the sidelines at a spray park totally not interested...

Well that was not the case today!

Was it peer pressure?

Heat?

or just that I'm growing up???

I had a blast!

We all did!

My sweet friend Alexa...

You can see how much I love Maribelle in this picture...

and Lilly...

With no towel mom got creative and let me use my fleece jacket as a towel.

I was just about done, but then Piper arrived and I hopped back in...


We had a blast!  Unfortunately, on the way out of the park I was talking to Piper and I stepped in a fire ant pile.  I got 25 bites 48 hours before my dance recital!  I totally freaked out, mom had no benadryl or bite relief in the car, so she gave me an ice pack to put on them to keep the swelling down till we could get home.  The ice pack BURST all over the car!  More sobbing came from the backseat (and maybe a little from mom in the front seat).  Finally when we got home lemon juice was the relief!

and later on that afternoon after I calmed down... chlorine.  It works great on bites! This was our first trip to the pool this year and it was COLD!



I'm proud to say I haven't lost any of my swimming skills!



No comments: