Sunday, September 1, 2013

First Week of School

I had a wonderful first week of school.  Mom picked me up the first day and I came home to koolaid, my favorite iced sugar cookies and a new Barbie movie...

I told mom that I had a new best friend (the shyest girl in my class) and that I had taken care of her all day. 

Mom got a quick video done...

and then I crashed!  7 hours of "new" is a long time for a 5 year old!  I was exhausted!

But very ready for day 2!

The pups are LOVING having mom to themselves!

Day 2 was filled with stories of PE and Allison (my new new best friend) and of our escape artist (there is a little boy in my class that likes to run out).  It took me two hours to fall asleep after the 2nd day, when mom came in to try to settle me down I explained that there was just too much to think about!  It was all too exciting!

Here I am at pick up...

I had a blast dressing up Maggie after school...




Day 3 arrived and we had our first outfit war (I would expect this to happen often)... We were both satisfied with what I ended up wearing...


Thursday was also my first ballet class of the year.  I have ballet, tap & jazz from 4pm to 5:30pm.  It makes for a very long day, but I had a blast!  It is a very serious class and mom was impressed with how well I did...



Day 4... another fashion war... mom is starting to think this might be a trend!

But again in the end I looked cute and felt confident.  We spent some time this weekend cleaning out my closet and getting rid of the things that are simply too small.  I've grown a lot this summer!

Mom didn't have her camera ready when I walked out of school, but she regrets it!  I was holding hands with the cutest boy in my class!  It was his first day doing parent pick up and Mrs. Oliphint asked me to show him the way.  

After school we took Allison and her sister Stephanie to have snowcones!  What a great way to celebrate the end of our first week of school!


It was a great week.  It's all very new and overwhelming at times, but all the stories that I have brought home have been positive.  I love school!

No comments: