Sunday, November 21, 2010

Gearing Up for Christmas...

Friday morning we had nothing on the calendar so mom decided it was time for me to go visit with Santa.

We headed to Northeast Mall and I requested a stop at the play area...


I had a blast! My pretend skills have really bloomed and I used the car to ride to school, went in the little house for "school", got back in the car to go home (where it was raining) and went down the slide into the puddles...


I finally got to the top of the pig!


Next we stopped for a carousel ride...


and then we headed over to Santa. The past 2 years I've been scared to death of Santa and as we walked down the mall mom's stomach began to turn hoping that maybe this year I'd be over it. As we approached I smiled at him and mom explained that if I went and sat in his lap, looked at the camera and smiled then I would get to go pick out a piece of chocolate at Godiva...

It worked!


Mmmm... Godiva!


Saturday morning it was back to Thanksgiving clothes as we headed to Little Gym...






We are doing more and more things on our own, including the parachute...








Exploration time!






More land surfing!


Mr. Nick had a new toy... a rock climbing wall!


with a slide!






I'm definitely comfortable with Mr. Nick now!


Finally it was time to try out our big kid skills and see if we could do the rotations like they do in the 3 year old class...




I did great! I will be moving up in January...






Bubble time...


and more antics with Mr. Nick!


Saturday night we headed out to the Southlake Town Square Christmas Tree Lighting...


Here's my reaction to the tree lighting up...


We all got antlers...


and I got hot chocolate face...


We met a super cute puppy...


and waited an hour to ride on a carriage. It was totally worth it, but this picture is the only proof of our wait...


Waiting to ride on the train...


Dancing...


Playing chase with daddy while mommy waited for free kettle corn...


Riding my pony back to the car! It's a great event, but everything is free... which means there are LOTS of lines. Last year this was impossible to do with me. This year... I did great!

No comments: