Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Learning to Swim...

So until June 29th I refused to put my head under water... a little girl who was about 2 1/2 was at the pool that day and going under and I finally decided to try it.  Remember?

Here I am a week into swimming after watching Sophia do dive sticks...

Well on Sunday we were at the pool and a little girl who is my age was swimming the stairs and I decided to give that a try...


and then I was willing to do some assisted swimming with daddy... This is 10 days from the first day I put my head under the water...
 

I practiced on Monday with daddy and by Tuesday I was swimming even more confidently...
 

and by the time we went home I was doing this...
 

and this...
 


 

and today my progress continued... I even started swimming to the wall and then pushing off the wall to swim back to mommy... she even got me to swim across the pool a couple of times by letting me grab her hand in the middle to take a breath and then I would drop back underneath and swim to the wall. 

Daddy wants to know if he can get a refund on the swim lessons I am starting next week... but we've decided to just let me go and see what else I can learn.  I am SUCH an excited swimmer!  I have swam almost 2 hours a day every day this week!

No comments: