Thursday, March 21, 2013

Disneyland Day 3

I was super excited for my first character breakfast of the trip!  Goofy's Kitchen!

Ready for Mickey waffles!

Such a cool background... Goofy is one of my absolute favorites!



Can you tell my excitement?  At Disneyland you don't know what characters you are going to meet, all the character breakfasts rotate, so it's just one surprise after another!

Dale!

Chip!
 

One thing Disneyland does that is fun is they hand out buttons at all the character meals.  I had a little collection by the time we went home.
 

 Me and mom. :)

Rafiki!


Baloo...

I love Baloo and I was super excited to tell him we are doing a Jungle Book song for our recital dance!



Mulan...

and the Mad Hatter... he loved that he was on my outfit!

and he loved mommy's sweatshirt...

Chillin' in the stroller on the way to the park...

Our first stop... Build A Bear, I had my eye on this Disneyland exclusive bear with Mickey on her paw...

and I dressed her up as Minnie... isn't she precious?


Let's go!

So many of mom's favorite things in this picture... Walt, Mickey, Sleeping Beauty's castle, beautiful flowers and her family.  This is a new favorite!


I was super excited to take Minnie my bear and show her...



Then we had tea (perfect since I was dressed in Alice inspired clothes)...

One of mom's favorite pictures from the trip!

Rollecoaster time!

Fun in Toon Town...



Storybook Canals... we got the Cheshire Cat boat... how cool is that?  It was an Alice in Wonderland themed day for sure!

The White Rabbit's House...

Tea Cups!



and Space Mountain (much like falling down a rabbit hole)...

Daddy had to go help set up the booth at the convention center so mom and I stayed at the park to play... The Mad Hatter had told us at breakfast that we could find Alice & the Mad Hatter playing musical chairs that afternoon, so we went on a hunt for them.

Isn't she pretty?

I was quickly drafted into musical chairs and turned out to be one of the youngest contestants (can you see the worry on my face)...

There were about 100 people watching us play...

But I warmed up pretty quickly...






 



When you are out you are brought to the front, introduced and asked to tell a joke or show a hidden talent...  Mom's stomach dropped when it was my turn.  Surely her shy kid would not tell a joke, she expected me to run off the stage.  But no... I delivered one of my absolutely nonsense knock knock jokes and the Mad Hatter LOVED it!  Because he makes no sense half of the time... so I was put back into the game!

Notice it's now just me and teenagers... competitive teenagers!

I lasted a couple of rounds...

 

Eliminated again... now the Mad Hatter asked if I wanted to tell a joke or  dance with Alice... surely I will choose dance with Alice right?  Nope... another corny knock knock joke.  The audience (and the Mad Hatter started cracking up) and I delivered another dose of nonsense. 

Instead of returning to my family (like everyone else), I was told to go sit with Alice...

as the final two girls chased Alice the Mad Hatter began moving ALL the chairs back to the center so they wouldn't know which one was the "right" last chair.  It was hilarious... especially when he moved me right in to the mix...


 Then we had tea... invisible tea that is...



I was asked to be a Disneyland Ambassador and help them decide a winner...

Eventually they were both declared "unlosers" and their prize was to put all the chairs back...


I jumped right in to help!

It was one of the most magical Disney experiences I've ever had.  People stopped me afterward to give me a high five and tell me how awesome I was... I just had fun and relaxed.  Mom watched all those acting lessons and dance lessons come together and saw a future in performing for me.  No stage anxiety this time!

After the game was over Mary Poppins and Burt came over to say hello...

and I asked Jonny to take a picture...

He helped me play "it's a small world" on the piano...

another amazing experience!

We met back up with daddy at Disney California Adventure and I got a super yummy treat!  It was a marshmallow in a cone covered in chocolate with Mickey ears... YUM!


Another round of Toy Story Mania (hopped up on all that sugar)...


and we ended our fabulous day watching World of Color.  We hadn't gotten fast passes for it and we were ready to just sit far away when someone handed us their fast passes... exactly 3 and good seats too!  That's pixie dust!

1 comment:

Jessy said...

Hello mama Milà, I follow this blog from 2010, I love all the stories written, it excites me so much any day to carry my two small daughters to Disneyland, one day. You have a beautiful family, and I love everything you do, give me many ideas to make with my Princess, and I love clothing that uses Mila, good I think you must have the full closet, if ever wanted clothes awoken, my girls I think they would be very well. I have a girl of 3 years 8 months, Daniela, and the second of 2 years 9 months Lilieth, and love to wear skirts as the Milà, his taste for clothes, which uses Mila is very similar. If some day want to give away it, don't forget to send some to my girls. Well, I just wanted to write you and tell you that you have a great family, and not left to follow them because I love its brightness and happiness that radiated. I would like some day to meet them in person. Not you had said that my family and I are from Mexico, and we live in a State called Aguascalientes, the water is warm in most of the State, is a city of small and beautiful, mild climate, they say "the land of good people". Here life is expensive and poorly paid jobs, many people without jobs but the Government does nothing, is a little difficult to leave every day forward, it works a lot. My husband has business of grocery and cyber cafe and I work in Office, in spite of everything we are happy and now more because it comes another baby on way. I imagine that you ask because I found your blog? Was looking for images to make the feast of my second daughter, that I made her Minnie pink and so was I found Mila, a charm from there I started following you and thanks to you I was born the desire to make my own blog, get ideas and put them there, from the days at home, from the days of stroll from the wonderful events that are at the heart, anyway, do not write as often as you, would like to have the time but once in a while I write, I hope give a lap out there so that we know.I say goodbye, and you send a big hug. the address of my Blog...http://octopusgarden-jecris.blogspot.mx/my email address:jessicacrisavila@hotmail.com