Thursday, September 13, 2012

Southlake Butterfly Festival...

On Sunday we headed to the Southlake Butterfly Festival...

I was NOT timid this year at all!

There weren't very many people there so we got to spend lots of time getting to know all the butterflies...

See them on our sticks?

See the one on my skirt?  They LOVED my bright outfit!

Daddy had some fun practicing his photography skills... good job daddy!

We got really brave and started putting watermelon juice on our fingers and placing the butterflies on our fingers...



The monarchs were much more shy, but we finally got the hang of it and got to see a few of those...



Two!

See me petting him?  I was very gentle!

Mom decided to show one of them my flower... which they loved!

We had a great time getting to know the butterflies (but now I want to know why the ones at the park won't land on my finger!!)

No comments: