Saturday, September 1, 2012

Dallas Zoo...

Mom figured no one goes on field trips the first week of school, so it would be the perfect time to go to the Dallas Zoo!

I was super excited to explore a different zoo after spending 2 weeks at the Fort Worth Zoo this summer!

One of my favorite things about the Dallas Zoo is all the statues... mom told me toward the end of the day that next time she is just going to take me to a statue museum... I said that sounded great and when can we go... maybe an art museum is next on our list?

Mommy & me!

More statues...

Giraffes, zebras & ostriches... oh my!

Lazy lion!

We rode the monorail and these birds were RIGHT next to our tram...

We actually saw gorillas!  They have the best habitat at the Dallas Zoo BUT you never get to see them because there are so many places for them to be!

More statues...

More statues...

More statues...

More statues...

Children's Zoo!



Splash Pad!

Crazy wild rooster!

I got to ride the pony... mom said something about the fact that I hadn't been on a pony since Horse Camp... I then said "yeah that's pretty sad isn't it?"... Mom didn't know how to explain to me some kids never get the chance to ride a pony...

Koi fish!

Turtles!


They had COVERED themselves in mud to stay cool...


Right before we left we caught the bird show... if you are ever there when it is going on... GO!  It's super fun!

They even had an alligator!

What a great last day of summer!

No comments: