Monday, August 30, 2010

1st Ballet Class...

First a couple of videos from Saturday night...


Mom thinks I was working on some serious choreography here!


Today was a very special day. One that mom has thought about since the day she found out she was having a girl. My first ballet class. Mom has done some form of dance just about her entire life (they even convinced her to take class this fall) and she hopes that I will love it the way she does.

Checking out my new tights and shoes...


Aren't I a pretty ballerina?


Mom bought the skirt for me this weekend as a special "first day of class" prize...


a little photoshop fun...


Can you tell I was excited?


More photoshop fun...


Showing off my moves...


Working on an arabesque...


Is it time yet?


A couple of pictures outside...


Not the best quality, but mom wanted to shoot one with her cell phone to share with Grandma Kitty & Papa...


I'm so excited that Madeline is going to be in my class!


We are going to have SO much fun!


Sydney (who I met last week) is in our class too. She's actually taller than me, but for some reason she looks tiny in this picture...


Mom and Ms. Jennifer are super excited to have an hour every week to visit. This is my very first class where mommy isn't in the room with me! Mom wasn't sure how the transition would go, but I was super excited and never cried. It helps that my teacher, Ms. Donna, was my music teacher last year...


Mom didn't think to shoot any videos during ballet, but she got the video camera out in time for tap (forgive all the chatter, mom was shooting from the lobby)...

First there was a little "If Your Happy and You Know It"...


and some big jumps...


See my cute little grin to mom...


Everything is more fun with pom-poms!


Cracks mom up that the other girls are goofing off while the teacher changes the music and I keep practicing (this was mom when she took class!)...


After tap we put our ballet shoes back on to tumble and while the other girls got their shoes on I practiced my tapping...


Tumbling time!


and finally some hula-hoops...



I LOVED ballet class, but it sure was exhausting!


As a special treat, mom and I went and had cupcakes after class...


You only have your first day of ballet once...


and mine was great!


Let the ballet adventure begin!

No comments: