Friday, August 20, 2010

Almost the End of Summer...

Summer isn't over for me yet... but things are definitely winding down.

The summer session of Little Gym came to a close on Monday. Sophia and I have had a super fun summer together!


She will be moving on to the 3 year old class and I will be moving to the Saturday class, but at least we still have Friday playgroup...


I have really grown confident in Little Gym this summer. I learned to swing from the high bar...


Mastered my monkey skills...



Got confident on the beam...


Tackled every obstacle course with glee...


I also learned how to do an awesome forward roll, but mom didn't get pictures.

Tuesday, we had NO plans. So mom decided a trip to the mall was in order...


Mom is utterly amazed how much I love the mall! She use to beg to be dropped off at her dad's office when her mom and sister were headed to the mall so this is quite different. I beg the entire time to go to "one more store"...


We played in the super busy play area...


and I made it to the top of the caterpillar...


Wednesday morning... mom just had to capture my morning routine. I won't drink my "morning coffee" (milk) without my entire brood. That includes, 3 build a bears (Ally, Denny & Rainbow), 2 clowns (Bubbles & Giggles), Dorothy the Dinosaur & my Hello Kitty friends...


Wednesday playgroup didn't meet this week so mom and I went out to run errands. We went to Petsmart to see the puppies and Sam Moon and then to McDonalds for my favorite lunch...


When we returned home my new teacher, Ms. Michelle was there! We are going to be great friends! She is so friendly and kind, I really enjoyed showing her all of my toys and I showed her how I jump on my trampoline...


I didn't want her to leave and her 5 minute visit turned into 40 minutes. Thanks for visiting us Ms. Michelle!


Makes mommy sad to see how much I've grown up since Ms. April's visit last year...


Thursday mom left the camera at home and totally regrets it! We went to the Mom's League New Member party (no we are no longer new members - but mom gets an invite because she is on the board). It was a pool party at our neighborhood pool and they even had a snow cone guy come! We had so much fun!

Friday morning we got ready for an early playgroup...


At Gymnastics Plus!

We had lots of fun jumping down the trampoline...








Climbing the rope (I wasn't willing)...






Hula-hooping...




Doing back handsprings (this picture truly amazes mom back handsprings were her hardest skill when she did gymnastics)...


Harper worked on her walking...


We did the bars...




and the beam...






When we got home I asked to swim in my toddler pool...


It was a perfect breezy 101 day for it (there actually was a breeze)...






Then I wanted to get in my sand box...


Which lead to a quick bath in mommy's bathtub...


Tonight we headed out to dinner...


and decided to celebrate Maggie's birthday. The plan is to bake cupcakes tomorrow, but we decided to stop at 3 dogs bakery and get her a real "Pupcake". Well I didn't want to wait until tomorrow so I gave her half her cupcake tonight...


I made us sing happy birthday and I wanted candles for Maggie to blow out.


Happy Birthday Maggie! Your 4! (and yes all this party business was my idea. A few weeks ago I asked when my birthday was and mommy explained that it would be Daddy's birthday and then Maggie's birthday and then Mommy's birthday and then my birthday. I'm just trying to speed the process along).


Sweet Maggie!

No comments: