Saturday, March 12, 2011

Wizard of Oz

This morning my friend Addison and I got to go see the Wizard of Oz at Artie's Playhouse...

Mom started preparing me weeks ago by telling me the story of Wizard of Oz one night, then I asked for the movie and now it is one of my favorite things...

I was giddy when the fabric arrived for my skirt...

Thrilled when I saw my skirt for the first time...

Excited when mom made me a Dorothy shirt & amazed at my glittery shoes...

Ready to go!

Standing in front of the sign outside the theater...

Let's go!

See I even have Dorothy ponytails...

Popcorn at 10 in the morning... yum!

Me and Addi (she didn't want any pictures taken)...

Before the show I "followed the yellow brick road" around the stage...

During the show we got to be trees.  This was our first Artie show and we will be back!  It was so fun!  There is lots of audience participation like a melodrama (which mom starred in when she was in high school).  We were munchkins and trees and got to remind the Tinman not to cry...

See all the trees...

At the end of the show the characters came out to dance and Dorothy took me out to dance with her...

I was in awe!

Tonight (after no nap day #2) we headed out to dinner.  I have become SO well behaved at dinner, I'm actually a joy to take out... mom's just not sure how much toddler is left in me!

No comments: