Saturday, November 26, 2011

Disney Day 3: Animal Kingdom and Christmas Party

Mom remembers the first Animal Kingdom documentary she saw on the Travel Channel... she's looked forward to going there EVER since!  Today was the day!

I had my safari Minnie shirt...

and an awesome leopard skirt (and Chip and Dale who were waiting for me when I woke up)...

A picture with the most beautiful Beauty and the Beast statue ever... I loved it!

We LOVED photopass... Before you go to Disney you pay $99 on the photopass website, this gives you EVERY picture the photopass photographers take of you while you are there (it's also WONDERFUL motivation to take lots of pictures and get your money worth)!!!  The best part... mommy gets to be in the pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In front of the Tree of Life...

They also do these "magical pictures" where they add things later... like a baby Simba!

When we entered the park we headed STRAIGHT back to the Kilimanjaro Safaris...

The amount of wildlife we saw was pretty amazing...




When we saw these guys I said "look mommy Papa Don LOVES longhorns"... HA!

Baby elephants!

Looking carefully at the elephants...

Spot the lion behind us...

SO pretty!

Warthogs (I'm very into them because of Lion King)...

The food at Disney World is AMAZING!  With the dining plan you get dessert every time and with chicken and ribs, you NEVER feel hungry.  Here I am enjoying the chocolate off our mousse...


The ducks swarming our dining table had me a LITTLE freaked out!

We headed over to Dinoland to ride the dinosaurs (think Dumbo)...

Love this guy!

One of my favorite things was the dinosaur play area...


Finally we headed to see the Lion King Festival...

It was VERY good!

Afterward we headed over to wear all the characters do meet and greets... before I could even get in line Chip stole my CHIP!


They were the first ones I wanted to meet, but while I was standing in line I kept repeating (I don't want to take my stuffed animals up there... I don't want to take my stuffed animals up there"...




But I did smile for a picture...

Mom and dad got smart and divided themselves into the lines so I wouldn't have to wait as long... genius!

Another advantage of photopass... they have fun features like adding the autograph to the picture...


Meeting my favorite Minnie...
 






and Mickey...



Thumper and Miss Bunny were awesome!



Posing for mommy...

Brer Bear...

Daddy and I found some drums...


While mommy stared at the Tree of Life...

Terk from Tarzan... he was SOOO cute!

We walked one of the "zoo" paths and saw a few animals...


and then it was time for the Jingle Jungle parade...


Finally we headed back to our hotel, relaxed and got ready for our evening.  At some point I was restless so daddy took me to ride boats, we were sad to find out they were closed... but in pure Disney magic a bonfire with marshmallows was starting at the beach!  Nice save Disney!

Now I'm ready for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!

The hat didn't last (it was HOT)...

Love this picture... might be our Christmas card this year. :)

Our first stop was to meet Belle in her Christmas dress (a big deal)...

and she had a special surprise for me...

the BEAST!



This one would be a good Christmas card too... but I don't know if the Beast should be on a Christmas card...

Very Merry Christmas Parade!

 











After the parade we found another dance party... mom didn't tell me who was hosting it because she wasn't positive they would still be doing appearances... so I had a big surprise...
First, some dance moves...
 

 

Then Woody, Jessie & Bulls Eye arrived!




As it got later we headed back to Fantasyland and rode some rides with short lines...

The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh has the funnest line ever!  There are activities while you wait (that might be more fun than the ride)...


The fireworks finally began and they were literally RIGHT over us!  Thank God for headphones!



After they were over daddy and I rode Dumbo... (ride 2 since arrival)


and mommy and I stopped at the teacups...

While all the crowds watched the 2nd parade we put some of our snack credits to good use and enjoyed Main Street Bakery (the best cookies and croissants ever)...

No comments: