Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Disney Day 5: Alice, Hollywood Studios & Magic Kingdom


 Mom played Alice in Alice in Wonderland her senior year of high school.  It was her favorite role and she quickly became a fan of all things Alice.  She still collects some Alice stuff (including Alice pins on our trip) so she was thrilled to take me to breakfast with Alice in Wonderland!

So thrilled that she mad me a dress that reminded her of her dress in high school...

She thinks I make the prettiest Alice...

We headed over to the Grand Floridian for breakfast at 1900 Park Fair

Our first stop was their MASSIVE gingerbread house though...

It smells SO good!

I got a special treat when they let me come inside the house (not something they normally do)...

Finally it was time for breakfast!  This was the BEST breakfast we had at Disneyworld.  The bacon was awesome, there was eggs benedict, omelets, strawberry soup and lots of other treats...

Ready with my autograph book!





First up TIGGER!

Posing with characters was old hat by this point in the trip... no worries at all!

Mickey waffle!

Pooh!

Mary Poppins...

Waiting patiently for my hero to arrive...

Alice...
(the "lost" sticker she is talking about is a Safetytat http://www.safetytat.com/.  They are GREAT!  They have a place to write in your phone number and made mommy feel safer)...


Mommy had to jump in for one (she had an Alice in Wonderland shirt on too)...

Finally we got to see the Mad Hatter, who REALLY made me laugh!


 Next we headed back to Hollywood Studios to finish a few things we didn't get to the first night...



 Like meeting one of my favorite friends... SULLY!
  

Another fabulous thing about photopass... they were shooting photographs while mommy was shooting video...


 















We LOVE these guys and you can tell!

Next up... the Beauty and the Beast show... AWSOME!





and then the Playhouse Disney show (shows are a great thing to do in the heat of the day,  most are airconditioned or covered)...








Honey I Shrunk the Playground (or mommy's worst nightmare).  She got very claustrophobic and had to leave... 



Daddy headed off to ride Rock and Roller Coaster and mommy and I watched the Pixar Parade (so fun!)...




BOO!!!


I got a high five from a parade dancer!

Woody!

Lotso!

 
 Next we skipped the hotel and headed straight for the Magic Kingdom to wrap up things there too...

Jungle Cruise...



It was HOT and mom decided my hair needed to be up...


Aladdin's Magic Carpets...

Amazingly, I rode the Haunted Mansion... this really surprised mommy.  What's even more amazing is I say it was my favorite ride and I talk about it all the time... I've come a LONG way!
Another Disney magic picture...

Waiting for my Dole Whip... HEAVEN!

It's pineapple icecream and it's SOO good!

I love watching people come down Splash Mountain...

We waited through a very long line for these pictures... but it was worth it when mom saw this reaction...

Rosetta was AWESOME!


and Tinkerbelle was full of energy!  

She definitely was the perfect last character meeting...

I got to pick our last few rides... I chose the teacups and wanted to go FAST!

We were all cracking up!


Ride 3 on Dumbo!

A picture mommy took of the castle while riding Dumbo...

We rode Peter Pan which was awesome...
And then our last ride was the super fast Astro Orbiter!



We stayed in Main Street Bakery while the crowds left (1000s of people leaving at the same time)... and then once EVERYONE was gone we spent a few quiet minutes in the park.

I wish the story was this simple... that would be a really nice story.  The real story went like this: I had some gift cards from my wonderful grandparents (both sides) to buy my treasures on the trip.  I mostly chose stuffed animals and liked the stuffed toddler princess dolls the best.  I had put off getting Belle (she's my favorite) and I planned to get  her that night.  We headed into the main store which literally takes up 3 blocks and she was NO WHERE to be found!  We asked a couple of managers and they looked in the back and didn't have her.  We walked back to the back of the park where we had seen her before at Castle Couture, but it was closed.  I could SEE her through the window, but I couldn't get her.  So we headed back to the main store and told them that we could see her at the other store and for the first time in our entire trip Disney said "no".  There was no way for them to get her from that store and there was no way to purchase her before we left in the morning because we would need a park admission to do so...  I cried.  HARD!  I got a Marie cat instead, but I wouldn't stop talking about the Belle.  

Luckily in the middle of all of this daddy had the ability to recognize beauty and got these pictures...

 It's hard to imagine I needed another stuffed animal at this point...

and in true Disney magic an answer presented itself to mommy.  Our neighbors the Trammels were headed to Disney the day we got home... and yes they purchased my Belle doll for me.  We owe them forever and ever!
(stock photography, but SO beautiful)

No comments: