Saturday, June 30, 2012

G-Grandma Kathaleen & The Museum...

We spent a lot of our Corpus trip just having fun at the house... mom said that sometimes it felt more like having a pesky little sister around than a kid.  Sharing a room will do that!  We had a dance party on this morning... it was SUPER fun!



Then we got dressed to go have lunch with Great Grandma Kathaleen...

Family pictures first....


This is Papa Don's mom Kathaleen... she is so sweet!  I was a little nervous at first because I didn't know her, but after mom suggested I color her some pictures I warmed right up.  I'm so glad I got to spend some time with her!


Here we are the last time I saw G-Grandma Kathaleen...

3 generations...

At some point during lunch I stole mom's camera and took this picture of Papa Don...

After lunch mom & I headed to the Corpus Christi Museum to explore... with my camera (so I would leave mommy's alone)...


This is the little schoolhouse they have, G-Grandma Kathaleen volunteered at the museum for years and this is where she worked.  She was the teacher for the school house when field trip kids came to visit...

Corpus Christi has a beautiful coronation every year.  Mommy remembers coming to visit the dresses each year and I was AMAZED at how beautiful it was...

Finally we found the children's area...

Magnet fishing...



Lighthouse...


Then we headed back into the natural history (this was very weird for mom, most of the exhibits are exactly the same as when she was a kid and some of the areas still smell exactly the same as when she was a kid)...


The baby alligators are new though...

We went outside to check out the Christopher Columbus exhibit...
















But we didn't last long because it was very hot!

No comments: