Thursday, June 28, 2012

Mini Road Trip: Sea World

Mom planned a mini road trip up to San Antonio for us during our trip to Corpus.  It was a perfect day to do it since it was raining in Corpus Christi and not 100 degrees in San Antonio.  We loaded up the car (after being awoken at 6am by thunder) and headed north...

This was not how I was the entire trip... but mom had to video tape it to show daddy how annoying I was... I did this for at least 30 minutes of the trip off and on...

Finally we were there!

I had declared my agenda in the car... #1 Meet Shamu #2 ride Shamu ride  #3 see Shamu show... totally doable mom said so off we went...


I was FINALLY tall enough to ride the Shamu Express... we rode it 6 times!

and I closed my eyes for most of the ride every single time, but I still loved it!

We watched the Shamu show...




and took a picture of us...

and just for comparison...

April 2011...

May 2010...

 May 2009...

I still didn't love the Shamu show... I do NOT understand why people would possibly want to get splashed, but I'm enjoying it more and more every year...

Gotta take a picture with the Shamu statue!

Our next stop was the Elmo show...

I insisted on going, but about 10 minutes into it I realized I was WAY too old for the show...

I got to meet a beluga whale...

and then it was splash pad time!  No ear infections from this round... mom could actually smell the chlorine this year so she deemed it safe!





I didn't last long, but it did cool me off...

Azul...

So many technical difficulties during this show, but I told mom it was my favorite of the day...

Cotton candy...

Sea lion show...

I actually enjoyed it this year and we stayed until the end... yay!





Next we went to feed the sea lions and seals... I would NOT let mom do it, I did every single fish!




We checked out the otters...

and these sweet guys...

When we headed back by the kids rides I saw all the Sesame Street friends and we stopped to meet each one...

Rosita...

Zoe (she was acting very odd and wouldn't come out of the corner)...

Abby (my favorite)...

Cookie Monster and Grover (Cookie Monster is daddy's favorite)...

The many faces of Milla Fort...

We rode the carousel...


got me a new friend.. Belle the Beluga Whale...


and headed over to feed to dolphins... again I wouldn't let mom feed them, I did every single fish!






We rode the crazy boat ride (and Shamu Express a few more times)...

We lasted 6 hours at Sea World just the two of us.  Not a single fit or tear (from either of us!)... 


On our ride home I asked "are we there yet" within 10 minutes of being in the car... mom said the trip would go faster if I found something to do (I don't sleep in the car) and I didn't want to listen to music or watch tv so we did one of my favorite things.  Mom voiced my stuffed animals and I interacted with them.  She realized this was one of my favorite things one day at Southlake Library with Mr. Peepers, so now she will participate sometimes... my stuffed animals are WAY funnier than mommy is!  I was trying to teach them the Madagascar song that the zebra sings, but they kept messing up and I thought it was HILARIOUS!

This was my bed for the week... in mommy's room.  This was a first for us and it was not easy!  Mommy had to go to bed when I did (which meant I stayed up very late) and I woke her up as soon as the sun rose (way earlier than at home)...

No comments: