Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Heading to Corpus & the Aquarium...

We hadn't been to Corpus Christi since I was 7 months old, so mom promised Grandma Kitty & Papa Don we would make it down there this year... So we packed up as many bears as we could fit in the suitcase, kissed daddy & the puppies goodbye and headed South!

We got to the airport WAY too early so we played in the play area and rode the "airport monorail"...

We finally settled in at the gate and I spent some time singing and dancing to my favorite princess songs...

 

 

Ready to see my Papa! (it was the day after Father's Day so we went with a Papa themed outfit.)

After a quick lunch at mommy's favorite burger place we headed to Grandma Kitty & Papa Don's house... this is their backyard... AWESOME!

I put my feet in the water with no hesitation...

mom held on to the back of my shirt the whole time!


Love this one!


Mom had promised me we could go make my Minnie Bear once we got to Corpus so I would have a special new friend for the week (and she had coupons)... so on Tuesday we headed to the Corpus mall (it is SOOO different than when mom was a kid)...


They have an awesome ocean themed play area...


After lunch mom and I headed to the Texas State Aquarium... our Dallas Zoo memberships gave us a 50% discount!

First stop... sea turtles!




and then the baby alligator...

We spent some time at the splash pad...







and then a LOT of time at the touch tank...


I loved this little nurse shark... he had a pattern he would follow around the tank and I touched and chased him for over 30 minutes...
 

 

So fun!

We checked out the dolphins while they did their show...



and finally did the inside exhibits (where the camera doesn't work very well) when it got too hot outside...




It was a great day!

No comments: