Tuesday, November 13, 2012

In Memory of Pop Pop

On Sunday, November 11th, I lost one of my favorite people...



 He was one of the first people to meet me...

one of my first babysitters...

a wonderful friend...

a teacher...

and one of the people I was the silliest with...

Mom remembers when he was diagnosed with cancer (about 6 months before she got pregnant with me) and she spent a lot of time praying that he would be able meet me.  I am so thankful that he fought so hard and that I got to build so many great memories with him...

that he got to see me dance...

and sing...

and grow...


Through his illness we learned to cherish every Christmas together...

 

and I got to know my awesome cousins...

Here is mom's favorite video of us together... we wish we had taken more. 

I love you Pop Pop, you were so brave to the very end and you were the best granddad a girl could ever ask for.  When we visited you on Saturday mom asked me if I knew where you would go when you passed and I smiled ear to ear and said "heaven".  Watch over me, watch over our family and know that we love you so much.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

What a beautiful tribute for Milla to have forever. You did such a great job Ashlee! I am so sorry for your loss. I am praying for all of you.

Frugal Jen said...

What a beautiful post. She's lucky to have enjoyed so many wonderful memories with him. Thinking of your family. Hugs!

DeLana Mullins said...

Beautiful! Praying for your family.