Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July Festivities...

First 2 of mommy's favorite pictures of the weekend (with a little lightroom twist)...




Saturday morning I put on one of my fun 4th of July shirts...


showed off how mommy gets all those smiles (m&ms) & headed off to the all American store IKEA (hey it was fun!)...


After naptime dad had set up my new trapeze...


Which I quickly mastered...


Mom thinks I'll be doing flips off it by the end of the summer...


Which I think sounds like a blast!


Daddy can even be found on my trapeze...


Sunday morning we headed to the park to enjoy the overcast day...


I even mastered using my feet to swing forwards and backwards...




I got a little help from daddy on some of the bigger things...


and we played telephone forever! I sang to mom and dad through the telephone and everything...


"Hi mom... going to slide"...


A little baby swing time so I could "fly"...


After a nap I put on my 2nd 4th of July outfit of the day (just wait there are 3)...


Mom was pretty proud of making the shirt and shorts...


I'm always proud of her crafty creations...


We headed out to Nana's and Pop Pop's for our 4th of July fireworks...


From the time we arrived until fireworks... 5 hours... time to keep a toddler entertained until WAY past her bedtime!


So we filled up the baby pool...


and I found out how much fun a water bottle and a cup can be...


Maggie enjoyed some of my water time too...


Nana showed me how to fill up the bottle...


and even Ariel got to swim...


Maggie cooled off with the fan...


While I played mermaid...


and showed off my patriotic bathing suit...


After swimming I got dressed for the evening (don't you love my silver boots?)...


Mom took my dress from last year and added big fabric stars (can you believe how much taller I am!)...


It was definitely a mini skirt and I had leggings, but it was hot so we didn't put them on me...


I refused to pose for pictures (even for m&ms)...


But mom had to get one more of my big girl pigtails...


Cuddles... we were looking at People magazine together and I was describing the emotion on people's face...


More time to kill... chalk time!




Trying to decide what to draw next...


I tried to use them like finger paint...


But instead daddy traced my hands and feet...




Summer fun!


In the end daddy was drawing directly on me...




After a good scrubbing it was time for some family pictures...


Last year...


One more with beautiful Lake Granbury in the background...


Mom has no idea what this face is about but it makes her laugh...


More killing time...


A game of "find the card" (my favorite)...


some popcorn...


and finally some small fireworks to get us started...


I was ok with the sparklers and smoke bombs....


But this one scared me...


I ran inside and the only thing that would get me to come back out...


oreo balls...


Amazing how chocolate fixes everything!


YUM!


Once the fireworks started I was VERY scared (they were super loud out there) so we ended up watching them inside the house. Which was fine with us... it was air-conditioned and there were no bugs AND N&P's house has windows all around the living room. I clung to mom and my blankies for comfort and Nana's stuffed animal puppy. Lots of neighbors were shooting off big fireworks and it went on until after midnight. I did manage to fall asleep during all of it and now when I see fireworks on Shrek I say "those are fireworks I like those"


Monday morning we played with Nana and Pop Pop some more...


and shared some muffins for breakfast...


a few more cuddles and it was time to head back to Keller.



Happy 4th of July everyone!

No comments: