Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Little Gym, The Zoo & A Playdate...

Mom swears that eventually she will start helping me blog everyday again. For now, this is working for us. It gives her time in the evenings to sew or work on the Mom's League newsletter (her job this year). So maybe we'll continue to blog this way for the rest of the summer and then go back to daily updates.

MONDAY

Day 1 of no school. We headed to Little Gym...

Can you tell my pants are WAY too big??? Yeah, size 18-24 months!


That's better!


Silly toddler smile...


Today's activities were all geared around us being independent... you can tell I'm trying to get mom's hand during warm up, but she told me it was time to do it on my own...


Which I did...


and I continued to be independent the rest of class...


Mom's favorite Little Gym pic of me...


Oh and one for Mr. Nick that shows the logo...


We had some down time after Little Gym so mom painted my nails...


I was in love!


Monday afternoon we brought out my baby pool...


It's a good alternative to the neighborhood pool while mom is cooking dinner...


and it has a slide. :)


Playing animal doctor...


Maybe I'll be a marine biologist?


TUESDAY

Tuesday morning it was overcast, with a forecast of rain so of course mom and I headed to the zoo...


I was excited!


"Let's do this!"


Meerkats...


Giraffes...


My lion buddy...


A blue bird (I had to sing my favorite song to him!)...


This freaked me out though... the birds were getting WAY too brave and just walking around on the floor...


Ally went with me to the zoo and she loved it...


She even hugged a kangaroo!


I would NOT participate in photos with mommy... there are about 10 in which I am covering my eyes or looking away from the camera on purpose... I just wasn't feeling it!


Petting area...


Sweet baby longhorn...


We rode the train 3 times!




and then we headed to MOLA...




No idea what I was so excited about but it made mom laugh...


Maybe it was because I saw the snake and realized I could touch him...


Can you see the amazement in my face?


One last animal picture...


This guy is pretty fun to ride...




On our way out we found this turtle that was trying to escape...


another attempt at a mommy/Milla shot...


WEDNESDAY

Wednesday morning we headed over to Addi's house for a playdate...


It was one of those days where mom should have turned the car around and gone home. We got lost 3 times, I was already frustrated...


I had fun playing with Addi's toys, but I didn't want to be interrupted or play with anyone else...


Can you imagine this face throwing a screaming tantrum? (it was more like 3)...


"Everyone just leave me alone in here"...


Addi had fun running around...


while I continued my solo play (crazy because at home I always want mom to play with me)...


Austin vacuumed...


While Addi & I swept and mopped (the only group activity I was involved in)...


Alone again in front of a vanity... As frustrating as the playdate was for me and mom, it was good for mom to see my sharing weaknesses (i.e. if I'm playing something don't interrupt me). Now we just have to figure out how to make me a little more tolerant, though mom feels the same way when she's working on something and she's afraid this little personality quirk is built right into my DNA...


Thanks Addi & Miss Christi for having us over!

No comments: