Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ice & Snow 2011

Monday night we knew it was coming, mom prepared me that I probably wouldn't have school on Tuesday and she headed to the grocery store to get some supplies.  Sure enough late Monday night it started sleeting and by Tuesday morning we had a few inches of ice and a few inches of snow on the ground.

So we began our "Snow Day'...

I love the Muppet Show and saw this Animal hat at Walmart a while back and we had to get it...

Maggie is our official snow dog... she loves it!

See how deep it was?

Maggie's favorite thing is to catch snowballs...

Unfortunately, it was too cold and windy to really enjoy.  I immediately got tears in my eyes and asked to go inside...

Our saving grace through all of this??? My swing...

Mom and I headed across the street to play with Claire...

It's nice to have a friend my age right across the street...

She has a great playroom!

After naptime we headed back outside and the wind had calmed down enough to play...






We came in for dinner and a special treat... smores!

So excited!

This was my first smore...

and I'm definitely a fan...

As the evening progressed most of our street started loosing water.  I got the last hot bath and then all of our hot water was gone.  By Wednesday morning (after our rolling power outage at 7am) we had no hot water and water only in 3 bathrooms... none in my room or the kitchen.  Fun times!

So what else can you do?  Head back outside...




Mom and dad have taken shifts entertaining me today, but really I've just wanted to hang out with daddy and have "daddy time"...

Mommy helped me paint...


Using my imagination...

I helped mom make some Valentine cookies...

and after a couple of bites realized I just wanted the m&ms...


So as for now we are surviving.  We tried to leave the house to make a quick errand and couldn't make it out of the neighborhood.  We just have too many hills and there is too much ice.  So now we sit and wait and try not to go stir-crazy.  Luckily mommy has several craft projects to keep me busy that I have never seen before.  Wish us luck!

No comments: