Friday, February 4, 2011

Snowed In... Part II

Thursday morning we woke up and we were still iced in.  We still had no hot water except for out of the garage sink and the roads were horrible.  We officially had cabin fever...

This picture is from Wednesday, when mom made me a cheerios necklace...

Thursday consisted of more swinging...



Some snow painting (food coloring)...



Some playing with Maggie...

and some fun with my sandbox toys...




Thursday night/Friday morning we got several inches of snow.  Oddly enough the snow made the roads a little safer and daddy was able to escape the cabin fever and head to the office.  Friday morning Brianna's daddy was nice enough to drive them over from the front of the neighborhood for a playdate...


and my neighbor Claire came over too...


I was not really in a sharing mood so I ended up playing downstairs by myself for a bit while they had fun together...

Finally coming around...

Better now...

We came downstairs and asked to do playdoh, which lasted a few minutes...

Mom knows better than to expect me to share my toys without preparing me, but this was kind of an impromptu playdate and mommy has once again learned her lesson...

After my friends left we headed back outside to enjoy the fresh snow...

Snow angels (like Caillou)...



Amazingly it worked!
More digging...


Some smiles...


Look at all that snow!!!




Mom started getting arsty with her pictures...

and finally a snow ball fight started...







Maggie was a willing participant!

After lunch it started snowing again and mom insisted we go back outside...

Where I tried to catch snow on my tongue...


More artsy shots...




Maggie and I have enjoyed the snow, but we are ready for spring!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Looks like you are making the best out of a difficult situation. Great picutres. I love your daughter's outfit. Mine is 13 and I miss dressing her up in these kind of clothes! Blessings, Joanne