Wednesday, February 16, 2011

School & the Zoo...

Tuesday was a normal school day.  It was one of those weird days where mom isn't sure if she should put me in short sleeves or long...

We choose long...

With a braid to combat the wind...

Such a big girl shirt!

On the way to school I was eating my chocolate chip granola bar and ended up getting it ALL OVER MY SHIRT...

Mom promised that Miss Michelle wouldn't mind, but I insisted that I change clothes...

Good thing I did because I was SO hot even in short sleeves when mommy picked me up (look at my cheeks)...

Piper and I walked the "beam" while our mommies talked after school...


Wednesday morning the weather was PERFECT... perfect zoo weather that is!

I was SO excited!


Mom loves the material on this skirt and made me a couple of shirts to match, she made the skirt and the flower too...

Our first stop, the baby flamingos...

Captivated!

Then we found Bubba and continued to explore the zoo...

Our first stop was MOLA...


This is how excited I was about petting a snake!  Seriously?

No hesitation!

Saying hi to the "dragon"...


We headed to the petting zoo...


and the play area...

Bubba had never seen the starfish and stingrays... I was TOTALLY brave this time!



More Texas Wild...


Such sweet friends!

Very serious...


The most fun we had all day was at this wishing well...





Train time... I asked him to hold hands with me without any prompting from either of our moms...





After Bubba headed home mom and I took our peanut butter and jelly and went to see the giraffes...


We ran up the hill to see the lions...

and the kangaroos...

This dinosaur (who moves) totally freaked me out!  They are going to have a dinosaur exhibit starting in April....

It was a fast day at the zoo... we got there a little late and made it home in time for a nap... totally worth the trip though!

No comments: