Thursday, May 19, 2011

Recital Day...

Sorry it took mommy a little while to get this post together.  She was one of the stage moms for our class and she was EXHAUSTED!  Add to that the last week of school and the week is just flying by.  So here is a recap of my first recital:

We had a tech rehearsal on stage Sunday morning at 9:15.  That's EARLY for us on a Sunday, but I did great...

Mom loves how we are all looking in each other's bags...

Happy to get to see the stage...


It's a BIG stage!


Aren't we tiny?


Such pretty ballerinas...

Funny Madeline...

Next it was time to get ready for tap...





After rehearsal we headed to Krispy Kreme to get donuts to take home to daddy...


and after donuts, lunch, playtime, a bath and my hair being curled, I was almost ready to go... We were done with tech rehearsal at 10:30 and the show wasn't until 4pm. 

I let mom use her curling iron on my hair and my hair got REALLY curly...

See...

A few pictures of me and my mommy...




and the cute dress mom made me (it's has lots of elastic so it doesn't mess up your hair when you are getting ready for the recital)...



All the bunnies colored while we got our makeup on...

and I begged to go see my daddy (nerves showing a little bit)...

Mom's favorite series of pictures...







My sweet friend Madeline...


Mom's favorite picture of the day... don't I look excited?  This is as I went on stage...

The next set of pics were taken right before the curtain opened...





Another favorite... gotta love those bunny tails!



Mom is thrilled to report that I stayed on stage and performed.  I did about 80% of my steps, though I spent a lot of the time looking at Ms. Donna to see what was next...

The first routine went great.  I was a little afraid of the clapping, I told mommy it was too loud and started fretting about going back on stage and hearing that again...

Sydney's sister Jordan was a LIFESAVER during our break between routines... she lead us in Simon Says and hide and go seek...

My sweet friend Piper from school...

Aren't we silly?

The girls in pink are the other class our age and we totally had a little showdown with them... We all sat and talked about our costumes and routines and it was not all friendly talk... pretty funny!

Ready to try it again.  Mommy may have possibly told me that they wouldn't clap this time...

Sometimes fibs are necessary...


We were all a little tired on this routine, but we still did our taps...


Mom had also told me if they started clapping too loud to just run off the stage and I DID!  See the blur?  That's me!

After the performance it was time for my prizes! 

a teddy bear, a necklace and pink and purple flowers from Nana and Pop Pop...

Love my daddy! (how cute is my ballerina shirt)...

My friend Bella from Little Gym came, it was so nice to see her!

and her mom offered to take our family picture...

after the recital we headed to my favorite restaurant, Uncle Julios...

and then over to the ice cream shop...

Pop Pop did a great job chasing me...


and I sat still long enough to take a picture with them...

When we got home I really examined my flowers...





and mom had to snap a picture of how long my eye lashes are with mascara...

It was a wonderful day! We don't have any videos from the recital (we will be purchasing them) but mom has the dress rehearsal videos. She will edit them and get them posted in the next few days.

1 comment:

Frugal Jen said...

What a great year of dance! We've enjoyed it. The girls looked so cute!!!