Monday, August 22, 2011

Block Party Weekend...

Friday we continued to take it easy so I could get well.

By Saturday, my spirits were back.  Mom made this Care Bear dress for me and she wanted me to just try it on to see how it looked, but I refused to take it off...


So I wore my cute new Care Bear dress to run errands...

At least I like to wear the clothes that mom creates!


It's a peasant top and a twirl skirt...does life get any better than that?
Saturday night we had our Phase II Neighborhood Party.  We have about 40 houses in phase II now and no one knows each other.  So we got together with the Trammell family down the street and planned a low-key party...

Mommy requested that we take our picture together before we got hot and sweaty at the party...

I got to drive my car to the party!

Our street is the best block party street around!  Culdesac, park, some open lots still available to put things on... so fun!

We got 2 bounce houses and set them up on the driveway of one of the spec houses they have for sale...

One was a super fun obstacle course...

Daddy brought over the mister, which was a fantastic idea... it was HOT!

I spent most of the party on the bounce houses...

and the rest of the time in the mister...

As the sun began to set more kids showed up, each with their own plasma car or ride on vehicle...

Michael is one of my new best friends... he is my neighbor and a super fun kid!

More vehicles to "chase"...

Bubba style! (yes Ms. Carrie, we still call it that)...



Michael drove me around in the princess car and then we headed down to get my car too...


My jeep has not gotten a lot of use (before tonight) but we always knew it would be fun for block parties!


My playgroup friend Karyssa was there (she lives a street over)...

and my buddy Ava (3 doors down) was there...

Now that looks like a party!


The kids were SO hot that mom finally got out the ice pops to cool us off...








Can you tell I was having a blast!



The best part of my night was when Sophia showed up (she lives a few streets away)...




Daddy took us on a wagon ride...

and we played "sisters" at the playground... how precious is that?


We can't wait to host another block party (as soon as it gets a little cooler!!!)...

No comments: