Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sick Week #2...

On Tuesday the 16th I woke up a little off.  I was complaining about my throat hurting (something I often do when I don't want to go somewhere) and I was sleepy.  Mom took my temperature and I didn't have one, so off to school I went.

The theme this week was "back to school", so mom turned my 1st day of school shirt from last year into a dress...

Umm... I've definitely grown up a little since then...

I cried when we got to school and mom was so worried she called to check on me.  The teachers said I was fine, but when it was lunch time I took my lunch to my teacher and told her I didn't want to eat and I didn't feel good.  Temperature... 101.  Mom rushed up to get me and took me home for meds and sleep.

When I woke up my fever was a little better so we headed to the new elementary school in our neighborhood for a tour.  The school is a street away from our house and we've been so excited to check it out.   Mom thinks I finally understand I'm not going to school there, but we'll see what I think when I see all the kids there tomorrow...

Here is the stage in the cafeteria, mom suspects I will be performing there quite a bit!

I was OBSESSED with all the drinking fountains...

The new playgrounds...



a cozy little spot... mom plans on taking my picture here at kindergarten orientation and then every year after...


I got to sneak into the library and read some books...

and then we checked out the 2nd playground...

There is a great little reader's theater by the kindergarten classrooms and I have to say the kindergarten teachers are AWESOME! 

Every kid will be doing this tomorrow don't you think?

Wednesday morning my fever was back and I was complaining about my "neck" hurting, which mom quickly figured out was my ear.  So we headed to Dr. Martin's to find out I had yet another ear infection... and a referral to an ENT.

With antibiotics and knowledge that I wasn't contagious, I began to beg to go to the first day of ballet.  It was one of those times that mom should have listened to her instinct, but my fever was gone and I seemed to be doing ok so off we went...



I was doing ok until I saw the teacher was not my teacher from this summer and that there were quite a few little girls in the class...
Mom was so excited because I was going to be in class with Bella Grace...

who I've known longer than just about anyone else...

and lots of other  moms' league friends...
















But between not feeling good and an unfortunate incident where someone growled at me and made me cry... it just wasn't meant to be.  I ended up leaving the class crying and mom found me a smaller class with Ms. Linda that I will try this week.
The next few days I just took it easy...






I actually walked into the room like this at one point (with the play thermometer) and mom asked me to recreate it for a picture... it was just too funny!

We have our ENT appointment this week and mom is really praying we can move ahead with tubes before cold/flu season starts...

No comments: