Thursday, January 13, 2011

School & Fort Worth Museum...

Tuesday morning started off a little groggy, but mom wanted to get a picture of the blanket she made me.  Monday afternoon we were at Joanns and I found this fabric and fell in love.  I begged mom for it and she told me she would make me a pillow and a blankie... at first I said I couldn't take a nap without them, but mom explained she couldn't make them until I went down for a nap, so I slept and she sewed.  When I woke up I had a pillow and a blanket and my Cinderella doll had her own pillow and blanket too.  Thanks mom!

Looking a little more awake, making funny faces!


I've officially decided I only like to wear fun colors.  Mom has tried to get me to wear this shirt at least 3 times and every time I pick the other option, so finally she gave me two black shirts to choose from, she promises not to buy me any more black or brown...

But you can always accessorize with COLOR!

It was cold so I got to wear my Hello Kitty hat... isn't it cute?


After school we headed over to Brianna's for a playdate.  We had so much fun!  We play super well together and her brother Nathanael has become mommy's little buddy!

She even has a "movie theater" where we got to watch Toy Story 3.  I told mom I want to take Shrek over there next time...

and popcorn!

On Sunday I announced that we were going to the museum this week.  Mom decided that wasn't a bad idea so Wednesday we headed off to the Fort Worth museum.  We have a membership that expires in February and mom hasn't decided if we are going to renew because we don't go that often, so she thought we'd give it one more try...

Mom had to give me an in-depth explanation of what a peace symbol is to get me to wear this shirt... I now refuse to wear any shirt with just words on it, but I agreed to this shirt because it was pink and had "bling"...

Our first stop at the museum... a 70 year old turtle!

Checking out his belly...

They have a new polar bear on exhibit...

and then we found the kids museum (I brought Coco with me) and we played "going to Dr. Martin's"...

Grocery shopping...

Look at this huge dinosaur footprint!

I really liked checking out this miniature city... I've been asking lots of questions about what a town and city are lately...

Riding the pony...

I still LOVED the air tunnel...

This time I wanted to make my own and wanted to cut with scissors, which I don't know how to do and mommy isn't sure how to teach me...

I kept trying though...

We found a room full of lightbrites... which I enjoyed...

Look at the huge lightbrite!

There was a station to make sculptures out of foil and it was SOOO fun!  Who would think that a toddler would enjoy foil sculpting this much!?!

There was another station where you could decorate with lights...

and glasses that made funny images appear on the lights...


I love kaleidoscopes...

and this little ball drop was WAY too much fun!

We stopped to eat lunch under the airplane in a quiet corner where we could see the topiary dinosaur...

He's pretty awesome (Miss Christi gave us the Pampered Chef tool that makes homemade uncrustables, it's the most awesome thing ever!  Thank you!)

Back to the kids area to play trains...

and a few trips down the slide...

Then we headed to the planetarium for the Big Bird show.  Last spring mommy tried to take me and I cried when it got dark, she waited a year, prepped me with lots of advance knowledge and gave me my Barney star light and I loved it.  It was really neat to see all the stars over my head...

Because we stayed at the museum way past naptime we decided to push on and head to the mall to pick up our Gymbucks order.  I made FAST friends with this little girl named Gabby, we shared m&ms and had lollipops, turns out she's 4 as well.  They are my favorite age friend!

We even got to ride the carousel together afterward...

Mommy has never let me ride the motorcycle before, but I did great and had lots of fun!

4pm, no nap in 2 days and I'm still all smiles... Mom loves 3!!!

1 comment:

Maelle said...

You can practice cutting by giving her scissors that are small, and keeping her fingers in the right place. Let her cut lots of supplies- paper, fabric, foam, ribbon, etc. to make collages. She'll get the hang of it an alot more practice later in school.