Friday, October 21, 2011

Butterflies, Mice & Pumpkins...

When daddy's away... us girls know how to play!

Our Saturday started with the Butterfly Festival Parade in Grapevine...

We had fun putting together my butterfly costume and the entire thing came from my closet except for the antenna and the wings... so the entire costume cost us $2.


I was LOVING my rainbow butterfly style...

With my "official parade participant" ribbon...

Bella joined us for the parade...


It was BRIGHT and I requested sunglasses, which ultimately made me look more bug like...

Let the chaos begin!

We did a great job walking the entire length of Main Street and waiving and smiling...



 



This scarecrow was AWESOME!

When we got down to the train depot there were vendors and things to see...


and then finally it was time for the butterfly release...

We named him Orangey...

Giving him a kiss and a wish...




There were butterflies EVERYWHERE!


After a quick bath and some rest time we headed to Chuck E Cheese for Karyssa's 4th birthday party...

I was so surprised to see Matias from school there.  He knows Karyssa too!



Sophia was there...

and look how big Zuzi has gotten!

Ready for cake!

Longest table ever!  It was hard to see the birthday girl...



Mom warned me right before CEC appeared and I handled it VERY well!

I even agreed to go dance with my friends...
 

and got cake as a reward!

Sophia and I had fun playing together...


Mom thinks I look WAY too big here...


Saturday night we joined the Trammels and some other neighbors to carve pumpkins.  I was VERY excited...

First we all headed over to the park...

and then we played with the fog bubbles...

Finally it was pumpkin carving time...


I am SO not afraid of pumpkin guts!


My pumpkin is the smiley face one...


No I wasn't asleep here, but I was TOTALLY exhausted!

No comments: