Wednesday, December 7, 2011

American Girl Doll...

We are so blessed to have one of the few American Girl Doll stores here in the metroplex and it has become a rite of passage for little girls at 4 to head to American Girl and pick out their doll to celebrate their birthday...

This is something mommy has looked forward to for a long time!

And I was VERY excited!

Here I am outside of the store...

and my first visit at 6 months old (I didn't get anything)...

I had already decided that Rebecca was the girl for me...

She has curly light brown hair and green eyes... she's very pretty!

as a bonus Nana bought me Elizabeth (my baby)...

and this picture made mommy cry.  Here I am at 18 months old picking out my bitty baby with Emerson... how has time gone that fast???

Don't you love our matching outfits?  Mommy knew what I would be wearing and then a few days before we went I announced that I wanted a matching outfit for Rebecca.  Mom was saved at the last minute by a friend who had the doll dress and didn't have the outfit, so mom was able to buy it from her (at 10pm the night before)...

Finally it was time to head upstairs... SOOOO much fun!

Ready for our lunch!

and working on Rebecca's hair.  Mommy learned a great tip that day... the key to styling an American Girl doll's hair is WATER!

They are even served little drinks...

What made the day even more special was that my Nana joined us for our girlie fun!

I think she had as much fun as I did!

Me and mommy...

We had a great table with wonderful natural light so mom had some fun!



For dessert... chocolate fondue!  YUM!

Finally it was time to head downstairs and play...

My girls even had a little party with the boy doll that looked like cousin Grant...

It was a fantastic and very memorable day!  I am officially hooked on all things American Girl!

No comments: