Monday, September 6, 2010

Dallas Zoo & Ballet with Daddy...

Sunday morning we packed up and headed to the Dallas Zoo...


So did 1/2 the metroplex!


While getting ready I found my school bag and swiped it... I filled it with princesses...


Ready to go to the zoo!




This was our main reason for going... the new exhibit, which was really amazing!


We started with the penguins...


Then I saw the elephants in their awesome new home and I started running...


It's SO beautiful!


Mom's favorite picture of me and daddy ever...


A close second (when daddy couldn't see he told me to hold on to his ears)...


Watching the elephants...


Still amazed by all the elephants!


Inside there was an elephant bum exhibit... it was really funny!


Next were the giraffes... they were pretty cool too! You can actually feed them!




You can also have lunch with the lions...


Since this is my favorite animal I was in HEAVEN!






They are SO pretty!




Next we rode the monorail, or the "sky train" as I call it...




and then we watched a Okapi get fed...


Finally one picture to prove mom was there!


Alligator time!







Turtles! Daddy's favorite animal!


Finally it was time to get wet!


Mom was smart and brought a change of clothes this time...






We headed inside the nature house to check out some educational stuff...


and see the opossum...



Carousel time!




and prize time! A sweet lion...




This morning I got to take daddy to ballet...


See all the ballerinas on my shirt?


Stretching before class...


I'm a serious dancer!


A few outside pics...




and off we went!


Too bad mom got confused from Little Gym to dance and we showed up 20 minutes late! I do NOT do late well!


But the pom-poms warmed me up pretty quickly...











I kept checking to make sure mommy & daddy were watching...


Forward roll time...


Madeline has it down!


Crab crawls...


and bunny hops...


Sydney & I patiently waiting...


Hula hoop time!




I try so hard!



Skipping! I'm getting SO close!


Jumping...



When we got home I rode my bicycle...


and watched a plane...


and rode some more...


Happy girl...


Then we went inside to check out my new costume closet...


and I immediately wanted to be Red Riding Hood...


Then I saw my easel and wanted to paint...





After being totally frustrated in class today that I couldn't get my forward roll, I decided I had to figure it out tonight (in my new school shoes and no pants of course)...



By the way I'm SO excited that tomorrow is the first day of school!

No comments: