Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of School...

Today was the day I have looked forward to all summer! You see, I am a school kind of girl... I love it. I love learning new things, playing with my friends and being around different adults. I honestly find being at home very dull & boring and mom can only entertain me for so long before I crave something else.

First, a trip down memory lane. If you want to read about my first day of school last year, go here.

Mom started out our photo shoot trying to recapture me in my white chair like last year, but I wasn't having it...


I wanted a big girl chair... much cuter!


Here I am last year...


I was definitely in a goofy, nervous mood this morning...


The whole outfit... My shirt says "Nerdy Chicks Rule" and there is a nerdy chicken standing on a ruler. :)


Mom made my leggings... and I proudly proclaim myself at least a 3rd generation nerd, but a cool nerd you understand...





"Ok let's go!"


Last year...


No outside pictures this year because it was raining, but I was pretty excited to wear my new rain jacket!


I was doing fine until about 1/2 way to school. At that point I asked mom if she was going to come play with me at school and she explained that she was going to leave. My face got sad and mom quickly explained it was just like summer camp and that she was going to go "make pickles" (what she tells me anytime she has to go somewhere). I asked if she would come see the frogs with me and when she said yes, I perked back up...


after the frogs mom went into the hallway to see my friends. She found sweet Stella who is in Miss April's class this year...


and then she peeked in on me & I was quietly reading a book...


My cubby...


Still reading, mom was worried because one of the girls was crying and she thought I might start...


Pick up time! I was so glad to see mommy...


My class, Stephen (the only boy), Piper, Abby, Isabelle, & me...


We visited the fountain like we did every day last year and headed home to a nice long rainy nap!


Next week I will be starting afternoon enrichment at school on Tuesdays, I'll be there until 2:30!

No comments: