Saturday, May 1, 2010

Dallas Zoo...

Today was family field trip day...

We evaluated lots of different places we could go, but finally decided we wanted to go to a "different zoo"...

Another zoo outfit. :)


Can you tell I'm excited?


Daddy had never been to the Dallas Zoo & mommy hadn't been there in 13 years so it was a new experience for everyone!


Sporting my giraffe shades and zebra stripes... surely I'll blend in with the animals...


Here we are at the entrance...


One of the coolest things about this zoo is ALL the sculptures! Name an animal and they have a sculpture of it...


Look it's biting daddy's arm!


Here are the real ones...


They had a beautiful butterfly exhibit and I still want them to land on my head!


Aren't they pretty?


Look I'm a butterfly too!


The next exhibit was an bayou alligator exhibit...


How cute are these guys with their arms around each other...


and an albino!


This zoo gets lots of grief for their elephant exhibit, but they have a new one opening at the end of May... we can't wait to come back and see their new habitat!


I will say that Jenny & her friend looked very happy!


We stopped at the otters and when I looked over their glass they chirped at me and swam over to say hi... I think they liked my zebra stripes...


No idea what we were looking at but this picture made mommy smile...


Kangaroos!


We had no idea what to expect when we entered the children's zoo...


We surely did not expect a chlorinated stream full of kids...


Mom stripped my dress off me and let me play...


She HAS to start packing a change of clothes for me!


I did really well not getting wet at first...


Then the splashing began...


Daddy tried to distract me with a slide...


and his silly antics...


But I just wanted to get in the water...


This is when I realized my bottom was really wet...


So off went the leggings and the shirt and I just wore my dress the rest of the day (too bad it's huge on me)...

We headed in to check out some bugs...


and do a butterfly release...


Pretty cool huh?


Hey flew right out...


I got to pet a goat...


and see some catfish... I asked "where is Nemo" (which is funny because I've never seen the movie)...


See another animal to ride...


Amazingly this was only 1/2 of the zoo!


We headed to the 2nd half and found the penguins...


"Hi buddy"...


and the gorilla...


They have a beautiful gorilla sanctuary there...


Ahhh... the alligator is eating daddy!


See the gorilla behind us?


We stopped for an afternoon treat...


and boarded the monorail...


We got to go over lots of the enclosures and check out the animals up close...


Pretty huh?


There were little jungle cats...


and lots of birds...


We even went over the crocodiles...


We headed back to the front of the zoo (we had been there 4 hours at this point)...


and rode the carousel...


It goes FAST!


Our final stop was to buy a new alligator who I named "Crocodile"...


He's super cute!


Thanks for taking me to the zoo mom and dad! It was great to experience a "different zoo".


We highly recommend the Dallas Zoo after today and deem it totally underrated... There was almost no one there and the employees and volunteers really work hard to make it a terrific experience... We can't wait to go back and see the new exhibit this summer!

No comments: