Sunday, May 30, 2010

Booty Camp

First one picture from our travels home. We met Aunt Rinny & Cousin Grant in Austin to take some pictures for Papa & Grandma Kitty's 40th wedding anniversary. When the pictures arrive at their house we'll post the official pictures. I was SO excited to see Grant! The whole way to Austin I kept saying I was going to push his stroller and hold him and walk with him and ride the carousel. It was super cute...


after a recovery day full of laundry & playing with all my toys at home mom told me a story. She told me about the Diaper Fairy. You see the Diaper Fairy comes and takes all your diapers to give to babies (I asked that mine go to cousin Grant) and she leaves you a potty & panties & prizes! How fun is that?

Last night I loaded up all my diapers (except my overnights we are going to wait a while to night/nap train) & this morning I found this...


She even left me fairy wings! I really wanted to meet her and I told mommy that I heard her say my name in the middle of the night. All day I asked if I could give her a high five, so we might be making a phone call to the Potty Fairy soon!


My last picture in a diaper! YAY!


I was so excited to find my presents and all the fairy dust too...


I checked everything out (I even got a potty for the car)...


and then I put on my first pair of panties and my Fairy Booty Camp shirt she left me...


Don't I look grown up in panties?


I mean really grown up!


The morning was LONG... I had 2 accidents and no successes, but I started to understand the concept a little better...


along the way we had lots of fun...


we played Elephun...


and dress up...




After naptime I had another surprise... a Baby Alive that pees!


She helped a lot! She sat on one potty and I sat on the other and I got to see how it all works...


I even showed her how to wash her hands...


Isn't she cute?


As we waited for me to need to go I learned a new skill... I mastered my scooter...


We spent lots of time being silly while we worked on my new skill...


and raspberry lemonade finally seemed to be what did the trick!


It was an exhausting day and I almost fell asleep in my swing...


But one last pee got me up to 5 pees in the potty which earned me a chocolate cupcake! YAY!


Mommy and daddy are SO proud of my progress today and they were dancing up a storm the first time my princess potty started playing music! I will be 2 1/2 in a week so we are hoping I will be completely potty trained by then.

We are housebound for 2 more days as we continue to potty train. Wish us all luck since my usual question when I wake up is "where are going mommy"... it's going to be a long couple of days!

1 comment:

Frugal Jen said...

Good luck on the potty training! My biggest tip is once you start stick with it, I should have used my own advice months ago.