Sunday, May 16, 2010

Our Weekend: Taking Daddy to the Zoo...

Our Saturday can be summed up in one picture...

It was a pretty boring day for a toddler. Playing with mommy & daddy, a couple hours at the furniture store where we picked out my new trundle bed & some couches (I was SO sad to find out they weren't coming home with us right then), lunch out, nap, dinner out, Target (where I got some cute new shoes) and home...

So to make up for my boring day, mom and dad surprised me with a trip to the Fort Worth Zoo this morning!


Though the planes flying above our house captivated mom for a minute and she wondered if we should just sit there and watch them...


We started the trip with a peanut butter & jelly sandwich (which I tried to share with the monkeys)...


I really love showing daddy my favorite animals...


My picture with mommy at our spot (and yes I'm aware that going to the zoo twice in 7 days probably calls for an intervention)...


We still weren't able to spot the hippos, but we're hoping to go see the awesome hippo enclosure at the San Antonio zoo when we head down there...


"Let's go that way"...


Daddy posed with me on Bonnie...


and helped me ride her...


and we hung out with my favorite animal for a little while...


the lion of course...


Next came the birds...


and I tried to be brave...


I even run off on my own in there now...


This guy was right above us in the Raptor Canyon... I told mommy and daddy I loved him...


I talked with the parrots...


Which was really funny...


and I was super excited to see the kangaroos...


I still stop to pose with each statue...


Penguin time...


Daddy had 2 of the penguins playing with him... they would follow him and mimic his head motions...


Ahh the perfect carousel picture!


and a snack on the train...


our main reason for the visit today was to introduce daddy to the new MOLA exhibit...


This komodo dragon was hanging out in the back of his enclosure until he saw me and then he came straight to the window... we decided his name should be "Momo" (I'm VERY into naming things right now)...


a stop at the lemurs...


and ice cream with the alligator...


and one last picture before we headed home...


Thanks for going to the zoo with me daddy! I love our family adventures!

No comments: