Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Road Travels & San Antonio Zoo

We left for our family vacation on Sunday. Our first stop. Nana and Pop Pop's new house to drop Maggie off at doggie camp.


Mom and dad were worried I'd be sad to leave Maggie, but I took the news very well and we jumped back in the car and headed south... but luckily we got this super cute picture first!


The trip down was ok... dad did the driving and mom did the entertaining with the help of dvds, an inflatable ball & ringpops...


Blue Raspberry ring pops to be exact. :)


I did great in my pack and play and didn't cry at all (a hotel first)...

Monday morning we played train...


and spent some time with Papa and Grandma Kitty...


I had my zoo outfit all ready. I was SO excited to take Grandma Kitty & Papa to the zoo!


I love this hallway... it's super fun to run in...


I was excited to see a lion family to climb on...


Wow I've grown up a lot in a year!


We started with the bears...


and posed for pictures...


Us princesses (Grandma Kitty & I, don't have to walk anywhere!)...


Mom has no idea what I was looking at here, but I sure look happy!


I loved the zoo stroller, daddy could do tricks with it...


Ahh the hippo... the main reason mommy comes to this zoo!


It's one of the best hippo exhibits around... this guy behind us kept hopping and floating so gracefully!


Alligators!


Ostriches...


a beautiful place to take a rest...


and work on my rock climbing skills...


and take a family picture...


The daddy lion started to roar right when we walked up...


More alligators...


There was a bird exhibit and this little guy came right up to mom and puffed his red mohawk out...


We liked this bird area because it was air conditioned... great flying temperature!


Flamingos...


and then I found the kids area...


You probably could have left me here all day and I would have been happy...


This little boy even lent me his toy snake...


Look how BIG this turtle is!


After we got home and Grandma Kitty & Papa headed home we did some jumping...


and after a nice nap we headed to dinner...


We've named this kitty Shamu... she lives at the hotel and we've become fast friends...


Mom and dad mentioned something about riding a boat and there was no way I was waiting until after dinner so we headed straight for the riverboats...


I impatiently waited my turn...


and really enjoyed the ride...


The best part was waiving to people...


mom just loves my eyes in this one...


We headed to Casa Rio for dinner, but we ended up with a table inside which was very disappointing to me... so I dragged mom and dad outside throughout dinner to watch the ducks...


Funny face... this was me telling mommy to stop taking my picture...


I waved at the riverboats...


and mom still didn't stop taking pictures...


We ended the night with Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Therapy... YUMMY!


Happy girl! I stayed up until 11pm Monday night and was up by 8am on Tuesday morning... needless to say I was a little cranky on Tuesday and we got me down for bed a lot earlier tonight!

No comments: