Monday, May 10, 2010

Mommy Daughter Day at the Zoo...

First another hair down picture so you can see how long it is getting... When I float on my tummy in the bathtub I sway it back and forth and say "I'm a mermaid"...


Continuing our field trip Mondays mom and I decided to brave the wind and humidity and head to the zoo...


But first we stopped by daddy's office...

Did you know there is a picture of me in the waiting room? I didn't...


and daddy has his very own pickle man!


and a pickle golf club...


Thanks for letting me come visit daddy!


As sad as I was to leave daddy at work I was excited to go to the zoo with mommy... In all of our trips to the zoo this is the first time we've ever gone just the two of us and it was a blast!


There were more baby giraffes...





and my picture with Bonnie as usual...


The elephants were playing ball...


I asked mommy and daddy both "what's your favorite animal at the zoo"... yes seriously I did... it's a question they ask on Barney at the Zoo and I'm sure I was asked that during my month long zoo education at school... but seriously I ask questions like this now. Not only did I ask... I remembered 24 hours later what their answers were!

My favorite? The lion...


Especially this cub with his mohawk...


Next came the birds...


Today I decided I was not scared (especially because I had to protect my baby)...


I walked the entire time, held the stick and talked to the birds... that's A LOT of progress!


Silly kangaroo picture...


Not quite as silly...


We stopped for a strawberry snack...


and rode the carousel...


The train was closed so we walked back to the front of the zoo to go visit the alligator...


He's another favorite...


I even brought Rexi to meet him...


Mom explained that Rexi and the alligator are somehow related...


When I asked daddy his favorite animal he said the turtles so we stopped to visit them too...


My sad face here... I kept saying "he's not going mommy"... HA!


Last week we started something new. A "Responsibilities Board"... you might think I'm too young to get it BUT the board has pictures and after about 24 hours I able to identify all 7 pictures and tell you what they stand for. I definitely get it!

I get tokens for sharing, cleaning up my playroom, helping out around the house, saying "I'm sorry", brushing my teeth, saying "please and thank you" and not whining. So far I've been doing REALLY well and today I got to cash in my tokens for a PRIZE!

A Tinkerbell costume!


Which I LOVED!


Here I am in action...




Mom promises a post about my responsibility board sometime this week. You can find them in the puzzle section at Target and it has been the perfect motivator for me! Last week I started putting myself in time out and seriously not caring that I was there so mom knew we were going to have to try something else. So far... so good!

No comments: