Friday, June 11, 2010

Noah's Ark, Movies & The Zoo!!!

Wednesday morning we had a special treat. The church that is building at the front of our neighborhood hosted a 2 hour camp for little kids. They are going to do this once a month with different themes... This month's theme...

Noah's Ark...


Which even included a petting zoo...


Madeline and her sister Katelyn came too (their mommy is on bedrest for the next several weeks, please keep them in your prayers)...


We petted bunnies...




and brushed goats...


(Madeline wasn't too sure about the bunnies)...


Bubba was there too...


We came inside for a snack...


and created a rainbow...


I kept calling mine a purse...


Mom made the mistake of throwing it away yesterday and today I started asking about it... Whoops!


We had such a good time playing together...


It's amazing how long we've been friends now...


Here we are last June...


After camp we headed to McDonalds...


For a little playtime...


and dancing...


Madeline was excited and kept saying this is where she had her birthday (which is true)...


She braved the slide (I cried and Katelyn had to go down with me... thanks Kate!)...


We had such a good time on the drive home! I'd never had someone else in my backseat in a carseat... I was totally amazed the entire time!


We spent a few minutes playing at madeline's house when we got there (her new big girl room is awesome)...


Thursday morning mom had something special planned for us. My very first MOVIE! One of the movie theaters here does kid movies every morning at 9:45. You get 10 movies for $5 and pick your day of the week. Each week they show a different kids movie. What a deal!


Mom was a little nervous about me being afraid of the dark so I took Buzz & my blankies... I was VERY brave and enjoyed Charlotte's Web with Dakota Fanning a lot! I've been asking to go back to the movies ever since. I can't wait to see Toy Story 3! Addison & Miss Christi & Thomas & Miss Katie were also there with us...


This morning it was overcast and a little breezy so we made a mad dash for the zoo...


But not before we watched some Team Umizoomi...


Mom had the perfect summer zoo outfit for me to wear...


Gotta love giraffe print!


My little friends... well a tiger and zoo keeper of course!


There's a good picture of my giraffe!


I was super excited to head back to my favorite zoo...


First stop... Bonnie!


and as a special treat I got to see Addison twice in one week!


In all honesty mom thought we would never go to the zoo again when she started potty training me... but I wore panties the entire time and stayed dry! So did Addi! Can you believe what big girls we are??? Peer pressure is an amazing thing with potty training!


Isn't the back of my shirt cute?


Always have to have a giraffe picture in front of the giraffes...


and visit the birds...


Addi's bird took a nipped at her finger...


Running to see the kangaroos...


I'm always so excited to see them!


Big hugs for the kangaroo!


Trying to mimic the kangaroo's pose...


Sweet friends headed to see the penguins...


We had a great lunch...


Took one picture to prove mommy was there...


Rode the carousel...


"I do it myself mommy"... I didn't want her to hold me at all!


We finished up with a train ride...




Some silly faces...


and the flamingos!


In other news... I'm doing great in my big girl bed. I am sleeping exactly the same amount of time and haven't gotten out of my bed at all. I wait for mommy to come get me out at naptime and in the morning.

So in the past 10 days I've become potty trained, turned 2 1/2, gotten a big girl bed and seen my first movie! Can you believe how eventful summer is???

1 comment:

Frugal Jen said...

Thank you so much for taking the girls with you! They had so much fun.

Also a big thanks for posting the pictures of Madeline so I can see your fun playtime. Looking forward to rejoining the world sometime soon and getting out of the house :)