Sunday, September 21, 2008

My trip to Corpus Christi (part 2)

There are two posts up tonight, so make sure you keep reading... It was a VERY busy weekend!

This weekend we drove to Corpus Christi for a family "mini-vacation"... it was Papa's birthday and we wanted to be there with him to celebrate!

While we were there I had a BIG milestone weekend!!! I learned how to clap, high five, low five, say "mama" when mom left the room, shake my head "no" when I don't want something, and worked REALLY hard on my crawling (but I'm still not crawling).

The car ride was long, but it helped that mom found an inverter for the laptop so we could charge it with the cigarette lighter and I was able to watch ELMO! It was so much fun!

Here are the highlights of the weekend...

THURSDAY
This is mommy's favorite picture from the trip... I was trying to get to the popcorn...


See I got it! Too bad I don't know how to work the zipper!


FRIDAY
We got donuts on Friday morning and mom decided that if Emerson could have one... then I could too...

I wasn't too sure of it at first...


But then I tasted the sugary goodness...


"Mmmm.... now this is breakfast!"


"Thanks for the donut Papa!"


Covered in sugar!
"Mom what do you mean you are going to take it away from me?"


On Friday afternoon we went to have lunch with Papa's mom, Minimama. It was wonderful to finally meet my Great-Grandma. My mommy has so many fond memories of growing up with Minimama and she is such a great teacher, that after just spending a couple of hours with her, I figured out how to clap and clapped for the first time just for her!


Thinking about clapping...


Showing off my tongue to her...



SATURDAY
Before my morning nap on Saturday, Papa and I danced... Mom gets teared up looking at these pictures, she loves how much love there is between me and my Papa.



While I napped, mommy and daddy snuck away for lunch at Executive Surf Club. This was one of mom's favorite places to hang out in high school and her drill team's tradition was to go write their names on one of the walls each year... She found her list from her Sr Year... 13 years ago! How crazy is that???


See there's mom's name!


Don't they look cute?


Saturday afternoon we went to the Aquarium with mommy's friend Alana and her son Ryan.

Here is a shot of daddy and I with the Harbor Bridge in the background...


As soon as we walked in I picked out a new friend... a baby penguin puppet!


This picture cracks everyone up! i was staring at his nose...


Daddy thought it would be funny to put my penguin on my foot... I was oblivious!


My joker smile!


Showing off my Cupcake Clips M2M bow... (don't forget to support mom's business)


Showing off my new clapping skills!


Trying to bear crawl...


A sweet picture of mommy and I...


Here we are with Alana and Ryan...


This was so cool... you got to go up inside the fish tank!!!


Daddy was so patient, willing to take me to each exhibit and stand me up to see my fish friends...


Eventually mom busted out her bjorn... she says I'm the only 9 1/2 month old she knows that still fits in a bjorn... I'm petite!


One of my favorite things was the otters... I was so transfixed! I wouldn't let go of the railing!


See here are the otters...


"Can we have one mom? He can swim in the pool and play with Maggie?"


Then we went to see a baby alligator...


Mommy wouldn't let me pet it, but I clapped for it...


Mommy's favorite part of the Aquarium was the underwater Dolphin exhibit...

Here's Ry and I hanging out... he's giving me a HUGE smile...


I loved when the dolphins swam by me!


He has a football in his mouth!


"How about a dolphin mom? Can I have a dolphin? He can live in the swimming pool with the otter and Maggie will play with him too... please!!!"



SUNDAY

Mom wanted to do one last photo shoot before we hit the road... it had to be quick because there were SO many mosquitoes outside!

Can you tell what tooth I'm cutting now?


Smiling at Papa...


Supporting our two favorite teams... the Cowboys and the Longhorns!


Mom wanted a picture with the bay outside Papa and Mimi's house, but I wouldn't sit so Papa held me...


Mommy was borrowing some books and Mimi found a kids book, Papa decided to read it to me while mom searched for new books...


I was showing Papa the pictures...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Milla: I am so glad to see that you had such a good time in Corpus Christi. I can tell that you brought a lot of joy to those that you visited -- especially your Papa (my brother Don) and your Great Grandma Minimama (my mother). I really enjoyed all the cute pictures of you. You are really growing up!! It looks like you hair might be turning red, like Papa's used to be and like my daughter Dee Dee. I love your curls and your bows.
Love, Nancy Kay in San Antonio