Monday, October 20, 2008

Not Me Monday...


A Blog from Mommy:

Updated - 9:45... after Gidget went to bed I decided to add a few more "Not Me's"... (oh and Milla is Gidget... great movie if you've never seen it... would have seriously named her that if people would have not made fun of her)

So I have no idea how I started reading this blog... but I love MckMama and her witty Not Me Monday observations... I'm also sending lots of prayers and good delivery vibes for little baby Stellan who will be born in 9 days!!!

Check out her witty Not Me Monday

and then check out mine...


This past week, no matter what anyone tells you to the contrary, I most certainly did not:

Let the dog lick Milla's face clean after dinner tonight... No not me.

Also I certainly did not watch Milla eat dog hair off the floor today... surely that's not what she was eating.

I am such a great mom that I did not let Milla destroy a magazine this morning while I cleaned the house and I certainly did not come back to find her eating a piece of the magazine... mmm fiber!

I did not play Funky Cold Medina and Wild Thing in the car today to make Milla dance in her carseat...

and I certainly do not dream of her being a dancer when I watch her bounce on her butt and wave her hands on beat with the music.

and I definitely don't have these dreams since I was a dancer...

I also don't have fears of becoming a stage mom no matter what she decides to do...

This week I did not consider skipping Bunko and instead go to Starbucks where I could quietly make bows in a corner while sipping a latte without listening to a baby whine...

This week I did not get so sick that I threw up at my first GCS Mom's League Board meeting (sorry Julie).

I also certainly did not throw up in front of Milla at the doctor's office and I did not go against my doctor's wishes when she tried to send me to the ER for IV fluids...

I definitely did not decide not to go to the ER because I didn't want the medical bill... I also did not feel weird about going to the hospital the almost the same day a year later of my first admission.

I also did not kind of smile at the scale when I realized I lost 6 pounds while I was sick!!!

This week I did not cry when she learned how to speed crawl, pull up or walk with her walker... I'm thrilled that she is finally hitting her milestones and I'm not sad at all that my little baby is now a toddler.

I also did not in the midst of being sick hallucinate that her birthday was in 3 weeks and freak out...

I was not about to pick up the phone and start calling vendors even though I couldn't sit up straight without the room spinning.

I also did not cringe with every bone in my body when I woke up on Saturday and found my husband had caught the same nasty stomach bug...

I did not go from feeling 50% to having to feel 80% because someone had to take care of Milla that day and there was no way he could...

I did not spend the day wishing we had family living here that could have taken her for us while we laid in bed miserable together...

Last night I did not watch her cry it out for almost an hour and I certainly didn't laugh when she was falling asleep sitting up in her bed and kept falling over, bumping her head on her aquarium and waking back up... nope I didn't laugh even though she looked like a drunken sailor.

This morning I did not go in her room when she woke up early for the 3rd day in a row and pretend it was the middle of the night praying she would go back to sleep. No not me...

I didn't go back to bed and pray she would drift peacefully back to sleep and I wasn't disappointed at all when it didn't work.

I also am not listening to my little girl whine while I write this because she's ready for a bath... nope not me I'm Super Mommy...

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Amen for saying it because I definitely don't do those things either:)

Anonymous said...

This is so funny! I wish I lived closer. I would have taken Milla for a while so you could rest. -
Rinny