Saturday, January 31, 2009

Fort Worth Stockshow & Rodeo

First some videos...

As my talking increases mom is helping me with certain words and we are also working on some sign language... mom has been doing "more", "eat", "water", "change", "please" and a few others for a few weeks and the first one I've really picked up is "more"... check me out!

Sorry there are two videos, mom just couldn't decide...



We are also working on my animal sounds... I seem to like to make the animal sounds more than say their names... I quack, meow, bark, and now I ROAR!


Today mom and dad took me to the Fort Worth Stockshow and Rodeo (though we didn't do the rodeo part this year... maybe next)... This was the first time any of us had been (mom and dad have been to the Houston one, but not the Fort Worth) so none of us knew how much fun we were going to have...

Look how excited I was!


When we got to the carnival section mom let me get out and walk around... now you can check out my rodeo wear...

I have a horsey shirt on that is western cut, jeans, and a pink bow with a horse in the center...


We shared a corn dog for lunch and ate a TON of it and then I got the good stuff... COTTON CANDY! This was my first cotton candy experience and this stuff is BLISS!


Savoring each bite...


Until I was a huge mess! Mom had no idea that's what cotton candy turned into when it got wet...


Dad and I stopped to check out this...


These people are CRAZY!


Mom and I found The Moos Brothers and took a picture... I waved and said hi to them until mom got me up there... then I was scared again...


We shared some funnel cake... SO good!


I tried to make my piece last as long as possible...


But then I decided to devour it...


We saw some BIG bunnies...


"Ewww he touched me"...


And this goat wanted to take a picture with us...


Last we stopped at the children's barnyard and saw piglets and baby donkeys and other animal friends (the line for the petting zoo was 30 minutes so we skipped it... especially with a trip to the zoo planned for next week)...


After a nice long nap for me and mommy we went to Outback for dinner... it's become one of our favorite places because I'm such a good eater there. I love mom's baked sweet potato and her green beans and tonight I even ate some of her steak. YUM!

Also I love to run up and down their wheelchair ramps...


Oh and I have to hold the buzzer at any restaurant we go to...


Mommy and daddy let me hang out on the table for as long as possible... tonight I was devouring ice (a first)... mom thinks it was feeling good on my molars...


After we got home I found my sunglasses on the table (mom had laid them out to take today but forgot them)...


"Check me out!"


"Am I a star?"


"Peekaboo"...


"No autographs please..."


Mom also caught me climbing one of my toys tonight...


"What... this is dangerous?"


"But I don't want to get down..." Anyone have any recommendations on a good climbing toy for kids?


Of course we had to catch up on our Superstars of Dance on PBS...

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Very fun! We are going next weekend...glad to see it will be worth it!

Oh and for a climbing toy..try the kangaroo climber by step 2. Bel LOVES hers ( santa brought it) and it has a slide as an added bonus! Well worth the $!Our is in the living room:)