Sunday, February 21, 2010

Family Fun Day at the Zoo...

I started off the morning pretending to be a monkey...






So after some trampoline fun and a nice early nap it was time for a Family Fun Day...


at the zoo!


It was a beautiful day and all the animals were out ready to play... the rhinos ran...


The hippos came out of the water...


The elephants walked right up to the camera...


The mommy and daddy lions were together!


The alligator came to the glass...


and the longhorn played ball...


The best part was taking my daddy to the zoo... it's only our 3rd time to go together...


Mommy and I took our picture in front of the gorillas as usual...


Running from exhibit to exhibit...


Checking out the giraffes...


Hanging out with Bonnie the elephant...


I was very excited to show daddy the Daddy Lion who "roars"... unfortunately he wasn't roaring because he was with the mommy lion...


But their young male cub who was in the next enclosure was roaring up a storm... he's use to being with his mommy (this is the first time we've seen him with his mane)...


I was so excited to see him roar...


I braved the birds (but flinched every time one came near me)...




and we rode the train 3 times...




Mom always gets pictures of my blue eyes on the train... I just get so wide eyed when I ride...


Mostly I wanted to ride in daddy's lap-lap...


Next came the carousel...


I was so excited to ride a pony...


and then we headed inside for some french fries...


What a yummy snack!


Finally it was time to see the alligator and show him my shirt...


I was a little uncomfortable with how close he got... see his big smile...


We made a quick stop in the play area (more for warmth than anything else... it was cold by 5pm and mommy and daddy were in short sleeves)...


I did enjoy the crazy Milla in the mirror...


One last stop at the flamingos and then we were one of the last families out the door...


As soon as I got home I was ready to bounce some more...


and no my nose is not healing nicely... it's scabby and itchy...




I kind of look like a vampire in this picture... check out my fangs. :)


One last jump before bed...


This fun day was brought to you by Barney at the Zoo... I request this picture at the end of the day (right before I requested to watch Barney Santa... in February... it's going to be a long time till Christmas!)


Keep reading for Saturday's post!

No comments: