Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow Day...

What an incredible day! We only get one or two official "snow days" here each year. Since the roads were slick our playgroup party was canceled and mom got to entertain me at home this morning (not an easy task)...

We started the day with bubbles...


Look how good I am at blowing them now...


Then we headed outside with daddy before he had to go to work...


Kelsey taught me how to throw a snowball...




Look at the trees! Even though it wasn't snowing the trees made you feel like it was... they were dumping snow everywhere!


I love the snow... especially when it's above freezing and not actively snowing!


Daddy shoveled the driveway thinking I still had a party to go to...


and I did some more snow dancing while I watched...


Mom bribed me with some m&ms to get some smiling snow pictures...

Works like a charm!






Getting snowed on by a tree...


My neighbor's driveway was 12 inches thick so we headed over there to play...


Don't I look like I should be in Colorado?


a neighbor went by on their 4 wheeler...


and I dug deep into the snow...


Look how beautiful our street looks!


See how deep it is?


Seriously... these could pass as ski pictures!


Kelsey made me a little snowman...


Eventually we headed inside so daddy could go to work. Since mom had already mentioned the word "party" in front of me... we decided to have a "cookie party" (smart thinking dad)...


I've become a super good cookie helper...


I cut out most of the hearts myself...




and really enjoyed eating my creations...


This is how cookie time ended... one part of cookie making I especially love is washing my hands in the kitchen sink... which eventually leads to soaking myself...


After naptime we headed out to the new house to see how it looked snow covered. This neighborhood is Colorado Lodge themed and the houses looked AMAZING! Here is ours... can you believe how much stone and brick they got done this week?



We went inside to see my room (we also got all of our cabinets!)...


On our way to dinner...


Tea is my favorite out to dinner treat... amazingly I only drink about an ounce...


my other favorite out to dinner treat is mommy's itouch... I got to watch Alvin and the Chipmunks at dinner!


and lastly... mom has been trying to learn Photoshop Lightroom... Here is her first creative piece...


from the original...

2 comments:

Mama M. said...

Oh my goodness!! I stumbled upon your blog after stumbling upon Bakerella's...what a doll!!

I'm from MN, wishing we had snow like that! Your new home looks mah-velous, darling!

Cute stuff, and great Lightroom photo!

Carrie said...

I can't believe how much is already done on the new house — it looks amazing!