Sunday, October 4, 2009

Our Trip to Austin Part: 1

On Saturday morning we woke up early and headed south to Austin to meet my new cousin Grant.

In Temple we stopped for lunch and I got to play at the Chick-fil-A play area... needless to say I wasn't anxious to get back in the car until mom said the magic word... "papa" (her actual words were "do you want to go see Papa"... I shook my head yes and walked to the door ready for the rest of my car ride...

I love my papa!


He took me up to meet baby Grant...


and Aunt Rinny let me play with some of his toys...


What an awesome longhorn!


Daddy came on the trip too... he did a lot of toddler coralling while mom spent time with Grant... thanks dad!


While Grant took a nap, I played mommy...


and ran down the hallways...


and spent a LOT of time on the stairs!


mom helped Aunt Rinny get him all snuggled in for his first swing...


He LOVED it!


Papa needed some pictures with Grant... he's always the photographer!


Only mommy is looking at the camera... but it's still a cute candid...


another Papa & Grant picture...


My wonderful grandparents and their grandkids! Congratulations Grandma Kitty & Papa!


Mom was so excited to finally hold Grant...


This is the first time mommy has been an Aunt to a newborn...


Our family + Grant...


I was so gentle with him...


I just gave him soft pats...


Mom and Rinny with Grant...


and a crazy picture of the mommies & babies...


Congratulations Rinny & Michael! Grant is such a precious baby! I can't wait to grow up with him...


It is obvious these two are over the moon for him!


Day 2 of our visit will be posted tomorrow. Mom doesn't sleep very well in hotels and she's BEAT!

No comments: