Wednesday, February 4, 2009

FW Zoo w/ Aunt Rinny...

Did you hear that my Aunt Rinny came for a visit? She arrived yesterday and mom made a HUGE dinner for us (including chocolate cake) and then today we took Rinny to the zoo. It was SO much fun!

Here I am before the zoo...


The lip biting is about new teeth coming in... yes even more new teeth... surely I will have them all soon...


We had planned to go to the zoo when it opened this morning, but it was a little chilly so I took a morning nap and we went at lunchtime. The zoo was practically empty so we got to experience it all by ourselves... it was SO much fun!

Here is mom and I checking out the cheetah...


The gorillas were all inside today and eating lunch and they were coming SUPER close, I held onto mommy for dear life!


Checking out the meerkats... they are SO cute!


Here I am with Aunt Rinny in front of her favorite animals the giraffes...


And one of mommy and I...


Check out all of the giraffes... they have a lot now!


Look how close I got to the white tiger...


Then mommy let me get even CLOSER!


Aww... look how sweet the tigers are...


The lion cubs have gotten a little bigger and the male lion was REALLY putting on a show today... he scared me with this big "roar"...


My favorite part of the zoo is still the penguins and amazingly we were the only ones at the penguin exhibit today....

"Hey Aunt Rinny check them out..."


"Aren't they cool..."


Mom loves this picture because you can see my reflection in the glass...


Can you see by my reflection how much I was enjoying myself?


Mom says she longs for the day where we both look at the camera and smile... we haven't had a picture like that in a while... and never at the zoo (I'm too distracted)...


After we finished the African safari side we went over to the Texas size for lunch...


Here I am in the same chair back at the beginning of October...


Off to check out some native Texas animals... like prairie dogs...


and bobcats... how cute is he?


Here I am checking out the leopard... see him...


Then we headed to the best part of the zoo, for a nice long visit...


My friends the flamingos!!!


I did everything to try to get their attention... I did their little dance and worked on their call...


"Here flamingo, flamingo, flamingo..."


"Mommy make them come play with me..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Milla,

Since you love, lurve, heart the animals you might like the Dallas World Aquarium. The have Otters and Penguins outside and Flamingo's and a shark tunnel. Just a thought and I can't remember if you and your mom had go before. Keep being super cute!

Tina