Thursday, August 27, 2009

ASI & Fun Times at the Pool...

I always know something good is going to happen when mom puts my hair in pigtails...


and it wasn't just because she had cute black and white polka dot bows that matched my shirt (a shirt I picked out this morning, insisting that I wear Minnie Mouse, better stook up on Minnie Mouse shirts mom)...


We were meeting Addison at ASI for my make up class (I missed Monday because we were at Great Wolf Lodge)...


We shared a snack before class started...


Mom wasn't brave to bring her camera out in the beginning of class, she wasn't sure how much Milla wrangling she was going to have to do...

Last week I kind of sugar coated my experience at ASI. I wasn't a big fan last week. I didn't like being required to stay with the group and I didn't like that there were SO many kids in the gym, it was still summer so there were camps and team workouts going on... it was very overstimulating . I fussed a lot of the class because I was SO use to the freedom I have at Little Gym.

Mom was really at a crossroads as to whether or not she should send me back to Little Gym (twice the price) or keep me at ASI. But, the instructors at ASI say that you shouldn't just do one trial class, you should really try to do a trial month, so that's what we are doing.

This week... I L-O-V-E-D it!

By the 3rd rotation mom got brave enough to get her camera. There was only one other class going on so I wasn't as stressed out and I was all smiles and even better... participating! (something I rarely do at Little Gym)

Look how fun Miss Christi is! She was in the foam pit catching us...


Last week I wouldn't touch the rope swing... this week I swung into the foam pit on it twice!!


Kaboom!


Climbing my way out (such a great workout!)


Dad can we have a foam pit?


Mom got in the pit and let me dive to her... just like the pool...


This is a happy, comfortable toddler!


Ready mommy?


Next we did the obstacle course (the hardest part for me because it requires lots of following directions and waiting your turn). I wanted to just hang in the donut the whole time...


But mom convinced me to work on my donkey kicks...



Getting my hand stamp after class...


Aren't we cute? Looks like Addison is heading back to Little Gym for another semester and we still might (Bubba will be there too). But we're going to do ASI for at least another month and see what we think, dad is pretty convinced he has a gymnast in training!


Also on the gymnast in training note. I saw a girl in a silver leotard today at the gym and I said "WHOA!"... I think it's time for a few gymnastics leotards. If anyone sees a sale on 2Ts (sparkly please) let mom know.

After my nap we headed to Walmart and as we were leaving I turned around to mom and said "hot mommy pool"... I have definitely crossed the bridge from just using my language skills to label things to now requesting things...

When we got home I went to my closet... got out a swimsuit... took it to dad... said "swimsuit" and then went to mom and started trying to take my shirt off... dad turned around and said "I guess we're going swimming"... HA!


Amazing that at the beginning of the summer you couldn't get me to stay in the pool!


Riding on daddy's back like the trainers at Sea World ride on the dolphins...


I figured out today that I can slide, stop and JUMP off my slide to daddy...


Putting on my shades...


This picture sums up summer... Thanks for taking me swimming daddy!

1 comment:

Nella and her Mommy Paige said...

Hi Milla and Mommy, I am a huge fan of your blog yall are just wonderfull. Milla always looks so adorable especilly in anmail print that mommy always dresses you in. I herd your in look for a leatard so I looked around for ya and found this one on sale. http://www.amazon.com/Girls-Ballet-Gymnastics-Leotard-REFLECTIONZ/dp/B001B89QQY It is pink and zebra print Milla would look just adorable in it, it also has a removable tutu. Keep up the great blog. Lots of Love for Milla and Mommy.