Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Great Wolf Lodge: Part 3: Wrapping things Up

So this was only my 2nd hotel experience and when I was falling asleep Sunday night I was scared. I kept saying "daddy, daddy" in this urgent voice through my tears... I only cried a few minutes (mom thinks my room was too dark) and I slept through the night (even though mom didn't). Monday morning as soon as I woke up I started crying to be rescued...

Mom calmed me down with my blankies and Opie and some cartoons...


All better and ready to help pack!


Daddy ran home to let Maggie out and mommy was in charge of entertaining me again...

What do you know... another clock tower show!


"Where's the raccoon mommy?"


I thought the monkey on my shirt looked like a raccoon...


There he is! He kept going up and down in his log... I kept saying "up, down"...


We headed back to the arcade...


and then to Cub Club, it's an arts and crafts room that also has some puzzles, books and this great little Great Wolf Lodge themed house...


A raccoon!


Mom thought this would be such a cute picture... but I was way too fascinated by the wildlife to look at the camera...


One last attempt...


Look how cute this guy is! He even has a cupcake on his head! Mom wanted a picture of me with him SO badly! But I was scared...


Daddy returned and I helped him load the car...


One of the perks of Great Wolf Lodge is that you can swim the whole day after you check out.


Daddy!


Big hugs!


We did a few of the indoor toddler area things, but eventually I convinced mom and dad that outside was more fun...


We continued my jumping...


Watching the airplanes was definitely another highlight of the weekend, the resort is right by DFW Airport...


Daddy helped me with my swimming skills...


and tried to throw me (but I kept hanging on)...


More hugs...


Working on my floating skills...


Daddy showing off his...


Ready to jump...


Daddy underwater...


In front of the big water spray mountain...


One more attempt to get a picture of me and the cupcake bear... no luck!


As we were leaving I tried to stall... I kept walking backwards and stopping... I definitely didn't want to go home, but it was naptime for sure!


After my nap I settled back into my normal routine of watching Thomas the Train...


and dealing with mommy taking random pictures of me in the living room...


She really seems to enjoy taking them...


So I let her...


Dad's most recent project was a webcam hooked onto our tv so we can start doing video conferencing with both sets of grandparents. I loved playing with it, especially since there is a delay...


When I would jump, the girl on tv would jump too!

No comments: