Monday, August 24, 2009

Great Wolf Lodge: Part 1: Checkin & Pool Time w/ Bubba

In honor of daddy's 40th birthday we headed to Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine for a family staycation. It was such a fun way to end the summer.

The funny expression on my face, yeah I'm saying "pool"... these huge windows look out onto the indoor water park...


WOW!


While daddy checked in I climbed the stairs...


They are a toddler's dream!


They even have a tree house!


Look daddy "puppies" (that's what I called the wolves above check-in)


These bears were some of my favorite... you'll see me hugging them through out our stay...


Finally it was time to head to the water park...


Bubba & Carrie came to play too (Nathan's daddy was missed! He was moving Carrie's brother into college)...


The toddler area is perfect for teaching cause and effect...


Bubba really enjoyed the little squirt gun scooters... (frugal tip: you can get as many water passes as your room holds people, so we just said that 3 adults and 2 kids were staying in our room... when you are paying THAT much for your room, you should get extra passes!)


The water guns are fun, until you are the one getting squirted (still something I don't like)...


Look how HUGE the indoor waterpark is! We tried the lazy river all together, which was pretty much a disaster and finally we decided to head outside...


Outside was MUCH better! The indoor waterpark is kind of sensory overload with all the water splashing everywhere... outside has music piped in and it's calm and there is an entire pool that is only 2 feet deep...

Our one attempt at a picture of the two of us...


Such a sweet picture of Bubba and his mommy!


More cause and effect!


I loved that I could sit in the water and not go under...


It had a beach entry which was perfect for marching...


I even got brave and laid on my belly...


Can you tell how much I liked being independent in the water?


Floating!


Thanks Nathan and Carrie for joining us for a fun day! We really enjoyed having extra friends to play with!

Once we were done swimming it was time to go check out the room...

This is the kid's cabin... my pack and play fit perfectly in there for a cozy night at camp...


Hanging out in the bed watching Toot & Puddle...


I climbed into this big chair all by myself and asked daddy for a cookie...


Mom took WAY too many pictures while we were there. We packed 72 hours of vacation fun into 24 for sure! More pictures to come once mommy has all the laundry done and we are all rested.

No comments: