Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Great Wolf Lodge: Part 2: More Pool, Dinner & Nighttime Fun...

Right before we left to Great Wolf Lodge mom remembered she had a disposable underwater camera still in it's original box that she had bought when her and daddy went on their honeymoon! After making sure there was somewhere in town that could develop them we had fun shooting some water pictures...

From the water camera... back to day 1 with Bubba...


This was my favorite activity the entire trip... jumping from the tanning ledge into the 2 1/2 foot pool... It was totally safe but I thought I was being SO daring!


Me and Bubba on the tanning ledge (one of the few moments he actually chilled, it's amazing how fast he moves!)


Proof mommy was on vacation...


Daddy, Carrie, me and Nathan watching the waterfall...


Can you tell how much fun I have with my daddy?


and how much fun daddy had on his waterpark vacation? He got to ride lots of slides (mommy wasn't brave enough)...


On Sunday night we headed to dinner in the lodge. The restaurant was pretty fancy and the food was really good...


Not that I ate any... I was on a regular food strike for most of the weekend... I ate lemons...


Mommy's ice tea...


I was just holding out for the campfire fondue!


Look they use cotton candy as the "fire"...


I ate most of the cotton candy... but snubbed my always beloved strawberries...


Mmmm... chocolate covered cotton candy!


Look how curly my hair got from the day in the pool...


After dinner we headed back to the room to change... it was time for the Clock Tower Show and story time...


Daddy gave me a ride to the show...


They had cones out so the kids would leave room for the storyteller and I thought they were hats and wanted everyone around me wear one...


The view from the tree house... if you look closely in the corner you'll see me & mommy...


See that's us...


We had front row seats (notice my pj's... they have bears and raccoons and lions and alligators on them... mommy had to search for pj's that matched the Great Wolf theme and ended up in the little boys section)...


This is what we were watching... all of the characters are animatronics...


Hanging out with daddy during the show...


Guess what I'm still scared of?


People in animal suits... guess I'm still not over Easter...


We spent the rest of story time in the arcade...


For some reason this neon carpet makes me want to practice jumping... I was jumping REALLY well!


We played skeeball...


and I found a game I could jump on...


Mommy thinks daddy looks handsome in this picture...


I wanted to go see the pool even though I was in my pajamas...


Daddy had to head back to the house (10 minutes away) to feed Maggie and Callie. So mom got to entertain me for about 45 minutes. It was 8:30 and I was already WAY past my bedtime, but she kept me happy and entertained...

We climbed the stairs a few times (took the elevator back down the the basement and did them again)...


We watched the 9pm Clock Tower show (I enjoyed it MUCH more the 2nd time around)...


I got a new "puppy" who I named Opie... (some combination of wolfie and puppy)...


We had prime seats for the 2nd showing on a couch and we could see everything...


We sat next to this sweet family with 2 little girls and after the show I walked up to Katelyn and asked if she'd be my best friend forever...


She agreed and I gave her a hug (mom was teary eyed at my sweetness)...


I gave my bear friends a hug goodnight (spent the 30 minutes before saying "goodnight puppy", "goodnight bear", "goodnight stairs", as we walked through the hotel hoping that mom would figure out I was ready to go to bed, but daddy was picking up my noisemaker at home so we had to wait until he returned for me to actually go to bed)...


We headed back to the room and I put on my panda bear swimmers and said "pool"...


I think I would have gone for a 10pm swim if it had been open!


Look for a LONG post tomorrow. Mom really wants us to catch up before we fall too far behind!

2 comments:

Frugal Jen said...

Seeing the photos makes me want to go back!

I think we are doing Kate's 13th birthday there in the spring.

Tara James said...

Looks like SO much fun!!! Seriously, her little curls are to die for.