Friday, July 18, 2008

Mom says there will be lots of pictures of me in sundresses over the next few days... she's been warned by her friends that I'm about to start crawling and when I do, I'm not going to want to be in dresses anymore... mom figures we better get them all worn before that starts...

I'm really lunging after my toys now and I can sit myself back up when I get them, but I'm not up on my hands and knees just yet because I'm way too busy...

Posing...


and working on my facial expressions...


Sporting my sandals once again... they kept me occupied most of the day today...


They're just so fun!


The great thing about wearing dresses... you have a built in teether!


At dinner tonight they sat us next to a mirror... I spent a lot of time over dinner asking the baby in the mirror to come play with me... she didn't want to... there was a mommy in the mirror too!


There is a HUGE sale on baby toys at Target going on right now. Mom was able to get me 3 toys today that were all 50% off! I like to have a large rotation of toys so that there's always something new to discover...

The first toy is a Noah's Ark... Maggie likes animals too...


"No Maggie, they're my new toys"...


Mom's not sure what I'm thinking here, but she thinks it's a pretty cute facial expression...


Smiling at daddy...


I got really excited playing with my ark!



See there's a cute little elephant and a giraffe...


The next toy is a zoo train... it has two different positions, one that stays still and one that rolls forward... daddy was testing out the rolling forward and I got so excited watching it run behind me that I fell over... and then it kept running into me... mom kept laughing because it was trying to run me over... mean mom!


On to a softer toy... We also found this peek a boo piano... I really like musical instruments so mom wanted a piano for me... it's a lot of fun and the bird plays peek a boo!


My last toy are some circus animals that have big clips on them to hang over my changing table... I have a serious case of the squirmies these days on my changing table and it's making getting me dressed and changing my diaper a challenge for mom... I roll all over the place on there lunging for toys that are out of reach... I think of it as giving mom her exercise! She's hoping these toys will keep me focused and on my back... either that or she says I'm going to have to start going everywhere naked!


See but what's great about being a baby... you don't need expensive toys... I was just as fascinated by daddy's shoelaces as I was by everything else... what I really want though is mom's blackberry!


Even the pets had fun with my new toys!



After bath time I was working on my standing skills at the table when I saw this pen... it was SO cool! Definitely one of my favorite toys of the day...

Mom thought it was funny and asked me if I wanted to start writing my blog instead of typing it...


Doing my best Groucho Marx impersonation...


Can I eat it?


Mom thought the pen incident was especially funny since my shirt says "Smart Cookie"...

No comments: