Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Toddlers at the Zoo...

When we left the house this morning it was 74 degrees... there is only one place to go when it's that temperature... the ZOO! It was a PERFECT day for it and there since school just recently started, there were no field trips there (which drive mommy crazy)...

"Ok mommy, let's go..."


We met Bubba and Addison at the zoo...


and Madeline and her friend Jacob, Madeline's mommy brought a wagon and I spent the entire day riding in it...


Checking out the rhinos (I still think they are hippos)...


Trying to get a picture in front of the monkeys...


Mom was trying to get me to look at the camera so she asked "Where's Bubba" and I did my "where" hands...


This is mommy's new favorite picture of us... it's in front of the gorillas...


Look at how close the monkeys were! I was not going near him!


I did go up to the chimpanzee glass, but one of them ran towards me and it scared me...


Look at all of them!


The star of the day was the Elephants... I've started to sing a little bit and there is a Barney song called "Elephant"... when I was watching my zoo dvd on the way to the zoo this morning I started singing it and mom looked at my screen and elephants were on tv!! I was SO excited when she told me I was going to go see some in person!


One of the young females...


Checking out the giraffes...


"Do you see them Miss Carrie?"


It never fails that when we are looking at the giraffes, we end up more interested in the turtles and fish...


Checking out the aquarium with Bubba and Carrie...


Whoa sharks!


The kangaroo area became a great place to play and run today...


Look at Madeline jumping!

We were hopping like the kangaroos...


Addison wanted in on the fun...


Look a big kangaroo!


Madeline and I held hands by the scary crocodiles...


Mmmm... lunch!


Ok mom... time for the choo choo (I was demanding the choo choo throughout lunch, mom has to figure out how to feed me at the zoo now that I'm obsessed with trains... maybe we'll try the other food court)...


Bubba was excited about the train too (poor little guy has a rug burn under his eye)...


High fives!


Bubba gave me such a big hug before we got on the train that he knocked me over and made me cry! He's a big boy!


Ready for our train ride!


Thank you mom!


We got an all day pass and rode the train 3 times!


Bubba loves the trains too...


One last picture with mommy before we headed home. Mom has designated Wednesdays Zoo day! We plan on being there at least every other week through the fall.

2 comments:

Frugal Jen said...

We had a great time yesterday at the zoo!

Caren said...

I really wish we lived closer to that zoo! Looks like yall had a blast!