Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday Madness at Hurst Rec Center...

While originally my schedule looked kind of crazy for Mondays at the Hurst Recreation Center, mom is SO glad she signed me up for all of those classes now!

It is H-O-T outside... I even say "hot" now when I get in the car or see a grill (which leads to a funny story, the other day at Target we rounded a corner and I screamed "HOT" at the top of my lungs... it was because I saw the grills over in the home and garden section... think daddy has me a little afraid of his grill?)... anyway the point is all these classes are air conditioned!

We started the morning off at Tumbling Tots...


Seriously anyone know where I can get one of these things? I could spend the entire class climbing through it!


"Here I come again"...


and one of these too please... up...


and down...


The truth is, the teacher doesn't even COMPARE to Miss Natalie at Little Gym, but it is a great place to run around and let some energy out...


Next came Music Class BUT since Father's Day is Sunday, Miss Mary decided we should paint maracas! It was fun (I tore off the smock 5 seconds later... that's what the pouty look is about)...


After we finished painting we moved on to playing some instruments... mom was so proud of me when the teacher told us to put our sticks on our shoulders and I did it...


Happy girl playing her sticks...


This afternoon we went back for art class. Another Father's Day project, this time it was a pot. Since neither mom nor dad have much of a green thumb, mom decided we should present it to dad as an m&m holder. Great idea mom...


I did A LOT of the painting by myself... mom helped me fill in a few spots, but she was super proud that I didn't try to paint myself or eat the paint...


We used Q-Tips to make dots all around the pot...


I drew some lines too... notice how left handed I am???


Not too messy... (mom says that this class is the most like Kate Gosslin she's ever felt... she can't stand the messiness, but she's working on embracing it)...


I like to be clean too, so after mom cleaned me up with some wipes, I decided to clean the chairs...


Here are my 2 masterpieces...


What do you think... future artist?


Tonight mom made me sweet potato casserole so I could work on my spoon skills... She really hasn't been looking forward to me learning how to feed myself (think messy toddler who only ends up eating half of her meal because the other half is on the ceiling/dog's bowl/floor and toddler's face), so she delayed starting it for a bit, but after only a few practice sessions mom and dad were BLOWN AWAY with how well I did tonight (Thanks for encouraging mommy Nathan and Carrie)...


Look how far I've come from this week last year eating Sweet Potato puree...


Check out my spoon skills now!


Look how cute I am with a Sweet Potato Beard...


after dinner mommy mentioned the word "Strawberry" on accident and I started running through the house asking for "Robewies"... So mom sliced some up for me and I ended up eating 2 whole bowls full! So much for the kid who didn't eat fruit! She is gone!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

What a great self-feeder you are! Great job Milla AND Mommy!